The tree was and remains a popular material in construction. The owners of private houses use wood for building gazebos, sheds, summer kitchens, and other structures. The ecology of this material, the excellent and pliable enough life make it easy to build a fence from wood with your own hands. Modern wooden fences have a decent appearance and perfectly complement the exterior of a household.
- 1 Fences from wood with your own hands. Pictures of current options
- 2 a Fence made of wood with his hands: useful tips
- 3 Wicker fence with their hands. Photo of fencing in rustic style
- 3.1 Kinds of wicker fences
- 3.2 Preparing materials and tools
- 3.3 Device frame and netting fences
- 4 installation of the fence boards with your hands: photos, stages of construction
- 4.1 Preparatory work
- 4.2 How to install poles for fences
- 4.3 Device wooden fence
- 5 Wooden fence “Tree”
- 6 Features of the fence shown below
Fences of wood with their hands. Pictures of current options
Wooden fences, framing areas household plots can have different shapes. For their construction, use of timber, edged and unedged, logs, planks and sticks and tree branches. Barriers can be filled with solid or with openings, with the arrangement of elements vertically, horizontally, at an angle, in one or two rows, with smooth and wavy edges and are inlaid with different patterns.
The most popular are options of wooden fences with his own hands, photos of which illustrate their design:
- “Ladder” or “Tree” — this type of fencing is characterized by the arrangement of the horizontal boards between the supports at an angle and overlapping. Outwardly, this design is reminiscent of blinds: the space behind the fence is not visible, and slanting the gaps let in air and light;
- Shown below is the fence in which the vertical elements are placed in two rows, shifting them in a checkerboard pattern. In this fence both sides of the front. Fence securely protects the yard from prying eyes and at the same time has gaps, noticeable only under certain angle;
- “Fence” — a traditional type of fence, where the vertical slats are attached to the rails with a certain step. To give the fence an attractive appearance by using the design of the top of the fence in the form of wave or zigzag. The popularity is due to ease of installation and cost effectiveness;
- “Grid” — the original type of fencing consisting of wooden frames within which is a lattice of straps. Such a fence can be made in one or two rows with a different pattern of crossing bars. Has a light and delicate appearance, used as an ornamental type of fencing;
- “Braid” — the original design of the fence, is obtained by horizontal or vertical weave of the boards. The construction of the wicker fence with their hands is not too difficult, the costs are small and appearance is quite decent. In Vogue wicker fence made of branches or twigs, mainly used for decorative framing a small suburban areas.
This is not a complete list of wooden fences. Many do fences, combining in one design, the fence and the lattice or combine wood with metal, stone, brick and other materials. Get the original and inexpensive construction by the erection of a fence of unedged Board with their hands. Photos of such designs illustrate the individuality and ingenuity of their manufacturer.
A fence made of wood with his hands: useful tips
To design installed their own hands of a fence of wooden picket fencing or a different type is durable and long lasting, you should adhere to certain recommendations:
- support legs must be mounted with the use of special shoes for the extension of the bearing surfaces that provide structural rigidity;
- vertical posts should be placed in increments of 2.5-3 m;
- vertical and horizontal-mounted fence elements you need to check the building level;
- processing of wood with antiseptic compositions must be made before installation of the fence. When the design is assembled, some places will become inaccessible to treatment, and therefore vulnerable to the actions of pests;
- protecting wooden fencing from atmospheric precipitation and sunlight. Remember that to paint the wood surface after thorough drying of the material;
- not recommended for painting wooden fences oil paint formulations: under the influence of natural factors such coating is peeling and flaking;
- for fixing elements, it is desirable to use fasteners with galvanized coating is not subjected to corrosion;
- be careful when using screws and nails, they don’t hurt the tree structure.
Adhering to these recommendations, you can avoid common mistakes when installing wooden fence with their hands. Photo self-construction of fences of wood, found in large numbers in the network, demonstrating the various stages of work.
Wicker fence with their hands. Photo of fencing in rustic style
Recently become popular decorative fences from wood with your own hands. Photos of such protections show that their main purpose is not protection, and symbolic stylized framing and decoration of the infield or a small area. Quite simple in the construction of plaited fences. Examining step by step instructions you can learn how made wicker fence with their hands.
The kinds of wicker fences
Depending on the height, method of weaving and purpose, wicker fence can be divided into several groups:
- height to 1 m — high fences with a horizontal weave. They are set to frame the flower beds, large trees, wells, and also to denote paths;
- height from 1 m to 1.5 m in this fence uses horizontal or vertical weave. Serve for the delimitation of the territory into separate zones, for example, they can be used to separate the Seating area from the vegetable garden or to allocate space garden;
- height up to 2 m can serve as protective fencing and installed on the outer perimeter of the infield. Here can also be applied as a horizontal and vertical weave.
A useful tip! So the fence lasts as long as possible, choose to manufacture the nut or vine. This fence will last more than 10 years.
Extend made from branches woven fence will help a careful treatment of raw materials with antiseptic solution.
Preparation of materials and tools
For the construction of the wicker fence with their hands will need:
- metal or wooden stakes;
- the stems of willow twigs;
- pruner, knife, wire.
The twigs harvested in spring or autumn, choosing possibly the most smooth branches. After collection, the shoots should be dried and assembled in bundles for storage. Before the installation of the fence (15 minutes before netting) to give flexibility to the rods, they were carefully soaked or steamed. After laying the woven branches dry up and acquire a solid construction.
Ready for the frame of wooden or metal stakes. To installed in-ground supports are not subjected to decay, prepare a trench around the perimeter of the future fence and its bottom is filled with sand. Due to this moisture will drain quickly through sandy base soil.
A useful tip! To make the construction of the wicker fence strength, it is recommended that the reference to stakes sunk not less than 0.5 m.
The device frame and netting fences
The frame of the fence satisfied of the stakes located at a distance of 50 cm from each other. It is this distance will facilitate the easy weaving of the vines. In places the end of the line of fencing, installation of wooden poles for the fence carried out with a smaller step. This allows to fix the ends of the woven rods.
If the future structure will have a height of 1 m instead of the wooden stakes using metal rods. They are pre-painted in color, imitating wood. This frame will be more rigid and more resistant to the effects of a moist environment in the soil.
If you select horizontal netting, it start from lower and end up at the top. Pillars wrapped with vines in the form of “eight”. To ensure that the fence is not twisted, you need the upper ends of wooden poles nailed to flat bar, which is removed before weaving the last row. To make the fence more attractive appearance you need to make it so that the ends of the branches were located on the back side of the fence.
To the fence of rods was solid, you need the ends of the rods connected in a wire. The protruding ends are cut off with knife or shears, and the remainder of the last row of rods run along the supporting pillars.
For a more natural appearance of the fence use rods of different lengths, thus masking the joints.
The device of the fence from boards with your hands: photos, stages of construction
To build a fence from wood with your own hands is possible through the use of boards with size of section 15×2,5 cm length of the Board depends on the height of the planned fence. Traditionally installed fences with a height of 1.5 to 2.5 m.
The first step is marking the fence line. To do this, around the perimeter of the infield clogged small (50-60 cm) stakes, with a pitch of about 2 m Between pegs tensioned construction cord. Tying the stakes, you must make sure that the cord was quite tight and not slack. You will then need to prepare the boards the right length.
Board you can cut it yourself or have ready material of the required length. All boards are sanded on the machine or using a sanding attachments for a drill. The ends of the planks can be left smooth or cut them in the shape of a semicircle or triangle. Processing unedged Board with your hands, you can save considerably the cost of construction of the fence.
For the supports of harvested hardwood timber with the size of the cross-section 75×75 mm 50×50 mm. the Number of bars is calculated based on the total value of the perimeter of the site. For guides use boards with a cross section of 10×2,5 cm.
How to install poles for fences
Before installing the support poles, you need to drill holes to a depth of 0.5-1 m in those places where the driven stakes. Arrange the holes using a drill (manual or electric). For uprights use timber with a cross section of 75×75 mm. Before installation of towers should be good to handle that part of the beam that will be placed in the ground.
Processing is performed by keeping the lower parts of the wooden poles in the antiseptic impregnated within 48 hours. After that, the posts must be well dried.
To further protect wooden rack from rotting by concreting. The bottom of the pit poured a small (1/3 the depth) layer of sand and gravel, watered, set the beams and pour concrete solution. Until the concrete has hardened, the support is slightly lifted to allow the solution to penetrate under the base of the stand. Next, using a plumb Bob or level beams set vertically.
To make sure that the height of all vertical legs are identical, you need to score in the upper end of each timber nail and tightly stretch a cord between them. The resulting line will show how well matched the height of all the supports. For complete drying of each bearing is given not less than three days.
Device wooden fence
When all the vertical supports are installed and leveled, proceed to the installation of the horizontal rails. They usually have 25-30 cm above ground level and distributed at the same distance from each other. For fixing using nails, the length of which will allow to penetrate the timber and Board through and 1.5-2 cm will be from the back side. These protruding ends folded neatly along wooden surfaces.
Next, start a covering of boards. For fastening use nails or screws. According to your desire to mount the Board close to each other or to leave some clearance. Once the fence is assembled completely, the tree is covered with varnish, let dry and paint a composition that is resistant to environmental influences.
Wooden fence “Tree”
Very popular and aesthetically pleasing wood fence “Tree”. To self-assemble such a structure, it will also need to make a line marking the perimeter and install vertical supports as described above.
The main feature of the horizontal fencing “Tree” is the location of the boards at an angle and overlapping. To achieve this arrangement, it is necessary to vertical posts to fasten wooden cover strips (in steps) or use the channel, which is easy to insert the Board at a slight angle. In addition, positioning of the Board can not only horizontally, but also vertically at an angle.
Beautiful fences for private houses: photo of interesting fences. Types of fences, photos of different options. Fences made of wood. Walling made of metal. Structures of stone, brick and concrete.
Filling the frame horizontal fence starts from the bottom row. The Board is fasten to the vertical posts and the guide beams. Further, the overlap is attached to the next row of boards.
A useful tip! To obtain the fencing with small openings, as well as to ensure ventilation between the boards of the cushioning material.
Front edges of boards must be carefully aligned. So, set row by row and after each run are aligned the edges. Before mounting you have to handle Board protective structures and apply a double coat of paint.
Features of the fence shown below
Wooden fencing “Checkerboard” due to the fact that the boards are mounted on the front and inner side, has a more attractive appearance. Such a fence can also be laid in horizontal or vertical direction. Depends on the position of the guide beams. The distance between the plates is chosen independently and the fence may have small gaps or be continuous.
After installing all the vertical supports of the fixed guide beams. For easy mounting in the supporting pillars arrange the slots for the cross bars. If metal supports are used, they are welded in the corners for placement of beams.
To get the exact location of chess boards, you must first identify the site of attachment of each plank. Such markings allow you to obtain a faultless filling of the section of fence, excluding the possibility of formation of various gaps between the boards.
Looks quite original chess a fence made of horizontally or vertically stacked unedged boards.
By following the simple guidelines and the advice of experts can raise their hands a beautiful and durable fence made of wood, which will serve as the fence over 10-15 years.