The need to build a septic tank for a private home may occur if your site is not equipped with a drain. The old method of sewage by the method of their accumulation in the vessel requires constant maintenance, which is costly pumping using vacuum trucks. The problem can be quite successfully solved by the installation of a septic tank, which can be years to work without outside interference. To a modern septic tank were “forever,” requires competent calculations and installation.
- 1 Septic tank for a private home
- 1.1 the Order of execution of works
- 1.2 Execution of works with the ground
- 1.3 installing formworks
- 1.4 Concreting capacity of the septic tank
- 1.5 Structure of the partitions in the tank
- 2 How to increase the current efficiency and the standard lifetime of a septic tank
- 3 Basic rules for using homemade septic tank
- 4 Septic tank for a private home (video)
A septic tank for a private home
All known today, septic tanks are usually classified according to the principle of their operation:
- cumulative method of operation implies the existence of a completely sealed closed from all sides of the tank, which is dug into the ground. It includes the drain pipe from a home sewer, and the top has an ordinary pipe or manhole for periodic pumping of the sewage;
Fecal pump with macerator for cesspools: the device and functions. Types of pumps for household needs. The area of the use, modification, device, function.
- septic tanks-septic tanks, in which an additional soil cleanup, in fact are multi-chamber structures. All the cameras buried in the ground and connected with each other playing walls or pipes. The latter capacity will not be sealed. In each tank the water settles, and the last goes to the ground in a more or less free from contamination;
- sewage treatment plants can produce a very deep cleaning of wastewater. They are usually installed in areas where it is forbidden to dump into the environment of poorly treated water.
The scheme of installation of a septic tank for a private home requires a completely correct definition of the installation site. It necessarily takes into account the location of water underground.
A useful tip! The septic tank must dig in “downstream” than the house itself, and outbuildings to the well. In accordance with accepted sanitary standards, it is not allowed to be put closer than 15 m from any open water, from water well and not closer than 50 m Distance between septic tank and the neighbour’s fence is defined more than 2 meters.
The order of execution of works
With the installation of the treatment plant is required to perform a specific procedure:
Consider all this in stages.
Works with ground
Excavation is the initial stage of the construction of any septic tank. If organized and designed everything right, then its volume can be very minimal. Most importantly, there is adequate space around the walls for ease of installation capacity. Optimal for a private home is the volume formed vosmikova pit 2х2х2 m. a Slight increase will not impair the effectiveness if there is the possibility of hiring earth moving equipment.
After the desired depth of the hole was completely dug out, you need to install the formwork, which becomes necessary in the presence of a certain number of sheets of osb, lumber, scraps and sewage pipe made of PVC. In the mold you want to make holes that will provide excellent water drainage into the ground. That’s what is required and the plastic pieces of pipe.
Sheets of osb make round holes at a distance from each other in 30 cm as osb — too flexible material having low rigidity, it is necessary to strengthen a bit. In order around the perimeter of the sheet attached to the bars 20×30 or 30x40mm using conventional screws. Vertical ribs are fixed every 50 cm. of Such sheets will need to do at least half of the pit.
In order to prepared formwork has not collapsed under the heavy concrete and mortar, need some lumber riving her right in the pit. Plastic liner from a piece of pipe inserted into the prepared holes so that they land zaglublenie approximately 5 cm Otherwise the concrete can squeeze and spill out through the holes.
A useful tip! Formwork is better and cheaper to make collapsible, so that the shields can be moved from wall to wall. To play everything have separately, as adjacent wall, and the wall should be divided into two independent parts.
Concrete tanks septic tank
When preliminary preparations for the construction with his own hands of a septic tank for a private home is completed, you can begin adding the concrete mix. It is better to rent or buy a cement mixer. For the preparation of liquid concrete will require:
- the sand is fine (2 parts);
- fine clastic gravel (2 parts);
- cement in bags (1 part).
All this must add water and mix thoroughly. Among other things and will need reinforcement. Through these rods, the cement becomes a solid reinforced concrete. If there are no bars, you can use any other available metal, but not the pipe. After the first half of the pit is flooded, you need to wait about 2 days until the entire mixture is dry. Then rearranging the formwork on the other two sides and repeat the whole procedure again.
The construction of baffles in the tank
After the construction of the walls begin to split the total volume of the septic tank into two parts. It is important that in the first compartment of the holes in the walls should not be, they all have to be in the second container. This point needs to be taken into account at the stage of mounting boards for formwork.
The wall can be poured concrete or brick to do. She needs to share all the pit into two about the same pit. The first will be to settle the sludge and particulate impurities, which can very quickly clog the pores in the soil. The other part of the container is filled relative to liquid water, which enters through the top of the wall and goes through the holes into the soil where it is filtered.
A useful tip! It is very important that the height of the overflow through the wall was correct. Namely, it needs to be 40 cm below the level of the pipe coming out of the house. Here there is a minimal amount of silt.
How to increase the current efficiency and the standard lifetime of a septic tank
When will be installed DIY septic tank for a private home, it is not necessary to start its operation immediately. To the bottom of the second division did not silt up quickly, there with sharpened pieces of pipe called jelonki, punch the holes to a depth of 2 m. They can also drill to drill. Openings closed mesh, which is then poured gravel. The drainage is very good drains water and prevents the blurring of soil, which significantly increases the service life of the septic tank.
An important factor influencing the overall health of the septic tank, is the presence of ventilation. Make it not difficult. After all, it is sufficient to use the sewer pipe, which is simply displayed on the surface. Close the septic tank top can be anything: sheet iron, concrete slab, or you can pour concrete yourself.
This makes a beam from the channel, which laid the planks treated with tar. Leave a small hatch to sometimes scrape solid waste. The rest of the area, previously covered with tar paper, fill with concrete, not forgetting to arrange the reinforcement.
The basic rules for using homemade septic tank
Installing DIY septic tank for a private home, you must obey important rules when using it:
- can not be discharged into or in the sewer debris;
- you cannot use the sewer system to dispose of polymeric materials, packages of cellophane, cigarette butts, sanitary pads. These items cannot be fully processed by aerobic forms of bacteria;
- you can’t use synthetic detergents, brighteners and various caustic chemicals if cleaning your septic tank is carried out by means of microorganisms;
- you can flush toilet paper, so it is good soluble in water.
Proper construction and operation of a septic tank will prolong the life significantly. But if from time to time to use modern drugs are bio-based, which decompose the solid impurity, it is possible to completely avoid cleaning for a very long time.
A septic tank for a private home (video)