From this article you can learn how to make a cutting machine for metal with your hands at home using the simplest materials. Here are detailed all the steps of creating designs based on the cutting blade or an angle grinder: preparation of materials and tools, calculation formulas, detailed step by step instructions and related information with useful tips.
- 1 Cutting machine for metal with their hands: guidelines for creating
- 1.1 Production of rotary cutting machine for metal with his own hands the order of actions
- 1.2 Calculation of improvised pulley for cutting machine metal
- 1.3 Calculation of the length of the belt for improvised and cutting machine for metal with their hands
- 1.4 the Principles of creating a machine for cutting metal
- 1.5 Assembly of metal frame for cutting machine
- 1.6 assembling the electric part of the machine
- 2 the Manufacturer of the cutting machine of the grinder with your hands: drawings, technology
- 2.1 List of tools and materials for cutting machine of the grinder with your hands
- 2.2 the Choice of a suitable cutting tool for improvised and cutting machine from grinder
- 2.3 Drawings and cutting machine from grinder to make a tool for cutting
- 2.4 Technology creation and cutting machine of angle grinder
Cutting machine for metal with their hands: guidelines for creating
Rotary cutting machines provide the tools, based on the design which includes a special platform or frame made of metal. The machine is equipped with parts, for reliable fixation of the material in a certain position at the required angle in the process of cutting.
As a cutting element in such structures there is a disc made of high speed steel. It is called carbide. Can also be used for cutting metal circle with a coating of abrasive material. The cutting element is driven by an electrical motor with belt or gear.
Please note! Low power versions of the tool allowed the use of the cutting element is mounted directly on the shaft of the electric motor. In other cases, the application of the drive may be dangerous.
Disc machines found three different feed of the cutting component:
- the pendulum;
The number of cutting elements of the machine are:
- single head – supplied with the device included only one cutting wheel, so if you need replacement operation is performed changeover of the cutting edge in accordance with the new task;
- head – design gives you the opportunity to work with two tools, thereby increasing efficiency. In such machines one head is in a fixed position and maintains stability, the second head can move. Double head design, can work automatically.
Production of rotary cutting machine for metal with his own hands the order of actions
In the manufacture of machine designed for metal work, the steps are performed in the following order:
- Prepare protective covers that will be installed at the drive belt and the cutting disc.
- Installed motor. As the connecting parts between the shaft of the cutting element and the motor acts as a drive belt.
- Made shaft to which is secured a pulley drive and set the cutting disc. The site is subject to the Assembly and subsequent installation on the pendulum. In this case, the role of the pendulum acts as a movable upper part of the structure, which houses the cutting element and the motor.
- Made a shaft for mounting the pendulum.
- Running frame for installation of the machine. It will consolidate the spark arrester and the workpiece.
- The pendulum is mounted on the frame.
- Performed installation of electrical wiring.
- Is a trial run of the tool and adjustment of the equipment.
The calculation of the homemade pulley for cutting machine metal
Calculate the diameter of the pulleys is subject to a rotational speed of the disk and other parameters. If we assume that engine power would be less than 300 watts, the rotational speed of the disc will be a minimum of 3000 rpm./min, and its size in diameter – 40 cm
A useful tip! In the process of cutting the metal nut in the fixation zone of the disk can turn. To avoid this it is recommended to position the drive pulley on the left side, and the drive shaft to the right.
Typically the drives are marked with the manufacturer which causes the product of maximum rotational speed. In this case, the average is 4400 rpm./min. So you can select any speed within the range of 3000-4400 rpm./min.
Data for calculations:
- the rotational speed of motor – 1500 rpm./min.;
- pulley diameter, designed for installation on the shaft is 6.5 cm;
- the rotational speed of the disk is 3000 rpm./min.
The calculation is performed in the following sequence:
- Set the length of the shaft perimeter. For this, the number π, which is equal to 3.14 multiplied by the diameter size: 3,14 x 6.5 = of 20.41 cm (length of the shaft perimeter).
- The resulting value is multiplied by the required number of revolutions: of 20.41 x 3000 Rev./min = 61230 cm/min.
- The result must be divided by the number of revolutions of the engine: 61230 cm/min/1500ob./min = 40,82 cm (length pulley for the engine on the perimeter).
- The resulting value is divided by the number π: 40,82 cm/3,14 = 13 cm (the required size of the pulley).
The calculation of the length of the belt for improvised and cutting machine for metal with their hands
To perform these calculations require the following data:
- the parameters of the driving pulley (radius);
- the distance between the center points of the pulleys;
- the parameters of the driven pulley (radius).
Having 2 pulleys with dimensional parameters 13 cm and 6.5 cm, it is possible to make the necessary calculations. Since the distance between the centers of these elements is amenable to change (since you want to bring the strap in a state of tension), as example, will take a segment of length 50 cm.
Now we need to find 1/2 of the circumference of each of the pulleys. Since the drive belt pass between them twice this value, you must add twice the distance between the Central points.
The first pulley (circumference):
3,14 (the number π) x 3.25 cm = 10,20 cm
The second pulley (circumference):
3,14 (the number π) x 6.5 cm = cm of 20.41
Drive belt (length required):
Of 20.41 cm + 10,20 cm + 50cm x 2 = 13,06 cm
A useful tip! To get a more accurate result, it is necessary to make calculations with the maximum and minimum distance between the centres of the pulleys and choose the average value.
In order to make their own design machines for working with metal, should prepare the necessary tools.
The mandatory set of tools and materials include:
- welding machine;
- metal corner (steel);
- the channel and circuit;
- the button to turn on/off;
- shaft and electric motor;
- a power drill;
- sheet steel for the working surface;
- the box to embed the electrical components of the machine.
The principles of creating a machine for cutting metal
Diagram of the manufacture of home-made machine is subject to certain principles, they need to consider before you get going:
- it is very important to choose a program and to carry out its installation. From this component depends on the safety torque and the right transmission from the engine to the cutting element (disk);
- be sure to provide the grip. This tool makes your work more comfortable and increases the degree of security;
- the choice of optimal cutting angle. The valid range is in the range of 45-90°. In most cases, experts prefer cutting at right angles;
- the diameter of the cutting disc is selected based on how the materials will work in the future wizard on this machine. The larger the diameter of the cutting element, the easier it will be to cope with cutting thick metal;
- in the design and preparation of drawings necessary to take into consideration such factors as the dimensions of the future of machine and its weight. These values directly influence the materials that will be manufactured equipment. The importance and arrangement of parts.
Please note! In the preparation of drawings, special attention should be paid to vibroport that are installed on the legs.
Assembly of metal frame for cutting machine
After all tools are prepared and selected drawings, you can go directly to the process of creating the machine. Using the steel area, you need to make a frame part of the design. In accordance with the drawings, which you can make yourself or find on the net, cut the frame elements. They are all connected to each other by welding. You need to pre-check the conformity of sizes.
To the top of the frame is welded a channel – it will become a guiding element and will serve as the basis for further installation of the cutting component on the machine. This channel will be a connecting link between the electric motor and the cutting element. After that it by means of bolts fastened vertically positioned rack.
Need to cook design another frame. The dimensional parameters are selected individually, taking into account the size of the electric motor and its features. When choosing an electric motor for the machine it is better to focus on the modification of the asynchronous type. This type of equipment is characterized by high reliability and durability.
There is one subtlety in the choice of motor. The more powerful the engine, the smoother will be the course of the drive.
Assembly of electrical components of the machine
Hardware installation involves the installation and connection of the working shaft to the electric motor of the machine. The way in which this can be done, does not matter. If the drawings contain a instruction to perform this procedure, it is better to follow it, as the quality of the installation depends on proper functioning and reliability of the tool.
A useful tip! Some details to make their own can not afford, can be ordered from Turner. These include flanges for fixing and pulley.
For fixing the motor on a metal frame it is better to use a bolted connection with bolts. Near the engine it is recommended to place the box where the switch is located and circuitry, and remote control tool.
A channel that is dedicated to fixing the cutting disc, it is better to plant in the spring. You need to make it so that when released it returned to its original place. To secure the springs, you can take the bolts and the clamp.
Electric component is the most important part of the tool. Mandatory include in the design of the circuit for starting, and the button for emergency shutdown of the machine. It is necessary to achieve such placement of the parts in which the electric motor will be connected to electricity through the machine and the box, and not directly. Three-way pad machine will be sufficient to enable a full and start the engine. He will feed and power button.
Finally it is worth to take care of the protective devices that will protect the person in the process. To do this, make a protective cover. It will prevent the ingress of sparks and small metal particles in the eye.
Manufacturer of cutting machine of the grinder with your hands: drawings, technology
Design of cutting machines, made on the basis of the Bulgarians are of two types (depending on the placement of the grinder).
In the first case frame, which is very firmly fixed angle grinder. Above the work surface rises only disc, which has a special slot. Such a machine operates on the principle of a circular saw.
Please note! In the process, so the machine has to move the workpiece, causing lost precision. In addition, this process can be unsafe, so the drawings with a hidden type of accommodation Bulgarians not in high demand.
The second option assumes that the workpiece remains stationary, and the cutting element is moved. Due to the fact that the grinder is located on top of the countertop for cutting parts are required to make serious efforts.
List of tools and materials for cutting machine of the grinder with your hands
In the process of producing tool should be aware that the accuracy with which it will work, depends largely on the stability of the structure. For this reason, the thickness of the materials for the manufacture associated not only with the requirements with regard to the strength of Cabinet of the machine, as the need to ensure an adequate level of stiffness.
List of materials:
- profiled tube with a square cross section (2,5×2,5×0,25 cm);
- steel sheet (sheet thickness of 0.4-0.5 cm);
- shaped tube with a rectangular cross-section (4х2х0,25 cm);
- ball bearings – 2 PCs. (No. 203, 204 or 202);
- a calibrated rod is not more than 10 cm (thickness is selected based on openings on the inner bearing race);
- metal wire (diameter 0.8-1 cm);
- fasteners (nuts and bolts, thread M or M8);
- metal splint (2×0,4 cm).
List of tools:
- angle grinder;
- electric drill (you can substitute a drill);
- set of drills;
- a set of dies for forming metal thread;
- apparatus for welding;
- carob keys.
The choice of a suitable cutting tool for improvised and cutting machine from grinder
Angle grinder is the main hub part of the machine to work with metal. Experts do not recommend to use for this purpose a small tool, which has a capacity of no more than 500-600 watts. In such grinder cutting discs have a diameter of no more than 12.5 cm These limitations are due to the fact that a cutting element with a large diameter is considered a universal and very robust – it can handle cutting thick workpieces.
A useful tip! Instead of welding for fixing the parts, you can use threaded connections, but they are less reliable and cannot provide the necessary level of strength.
Carefully approach the selection of the grinder is necessary because on the market there are a large variety of designs. As this tool is not completely unified, the construction of the machine will be under a certain modification, and size of angle grinder.
If the machine breaks down, to install different grinders can be not only problematic but also impossible. Will have to redo the pendulum and the fasteners. Therefore, to choose the tool from the range a large and proven companies, such as Bosch or Makita.
Drawings and cutting machine from grinder to make a tool for cutting
In the preparatory phase is the design and preparation of drawings. A single size does not exist for the reason that the design of each machine is subject to a particular model of the cutting tool. Ready drawings, which are many in the network, it is possible to adjust the grinder. They allow to navigate in terms of what will be the structure, its dimensions.
Making a drawing of it is better to start with the Cabinet part. In some cases, may require construction of a separate platform instead of the frame. This platform will gain a foothold in the metalwork bench. Next, determine the size and location of key elements on the machine. Need to measure the center distance between the mounting holes on the gearbox and measure the very Bulgarian.
All these data are used for preparation of drawings. After mounting is designed for a pendulum and grinding machine, is developed by the turning node.
A useful tip! The accuracy and rigidity of the machine depends on the distance between the cutting element and swivel. Than the gap is smaller, the better. It is recommended to set the pendulum with a minimum length.
After the preparation of the drawings will only pick up the materials and calculate their number and to proceed to implement the design.
The technology for creating cutting machine from grinder
The technology of manufacturing of machine for cutting metal-based grinders is almost the same as in the case with the cutting disc:
- Preparation and production of details for the frame.
- The arrangement of the swivel on the pendulum lever.
- Fabrication of the U-shaped bracket with holes for mounting the gear grinding machine.
- Manufacturer of U-shaped collar and straps, which will record the body of the grinder on the swingarm.
- Installation of a U-shaped clamp and a U-shaped holder towards the cutting tool by welding or a screw connection all these parts are mounted on the console.
- Press-fit bearings in the support.
- Bilateral pressing bearing assemblies on the shaft. To increase the strength of the connection can be zaludit axis thin layer of tin using a soldering iron.
- The fixing of the pendulum with a support hub parts on the edge of the platform (away from the edge of 0,5-0,6 cm) using a welding machine.
- The installation of the grinder and guard.
- Installation of return spring.
After the design is assembled, it is necessary to perform a trial run and check the correct operation of the equipment, as well as posting all the details on it. The final phase is fitted to a groove cutting element, a support set, designed to secure workpieces.
When lapping is completed, the machine housing must be covered with a thin layer of enamel. Staining will protect the tool from damage that can cause rust.