Many homeowners believe that the veranda is something like an unheated pantry. They have tools, bicycles and bags of cement. But in fact, this is a good opportunity to build a comfort zone for families. Especially if you attach a porch to a house made of polycarbonate. A photo of such a space pleasing to the eye with its simplicity and elegance.
- 1 Types of porches
- 2 Forms of extensions
- 3 Properties of polycarbonate
- 4 How to attach a porch to a house made of polycarbonate. Photos of stages of construction
- 4.1 frame Assembly
- 4.2 Assembly of the roof
- 4.3 Sheathing polycarbonate
- 5 Care GRP
Types of porches
Classic veranda is a closed cold room, and attached to the first floor of the building. Its volume should be comparable to the size of the house.
Tip! The average area of the extension needs to be up to 6 m long and 3 m wide. Veranda small sizes have unpresentable appearance, they are difficult to use properly.
Usually the veranda doing a built-in, i.e. erected together with the house on the same Foundation. If the moment was lost, then it is possible to attach to the house veranda made of polycarbonate. Photos will help with the selection of the design.
Canopies of sheets: pictures and description of how to build. The process of building a canopy. Tools, selecting materials, preparing the space, ground work, building the frames for the walls and roof.
By the way, installation is easy extension on the single Foundation of the building — the question is still controversial. These designs are too different in weight and, consequently, give different shrinkage. Experts believe that in soft ground the buildings can move away from each other. Therefore, in some cases, is preferable to the veranda from polycarbonate, attached to the house. Photo frame designs represented on this page.
Veranda made of polycarbonate, attached to house, can have a different configuration:
- square, rectangle, polygon, including those with rounded and beveled corners. The roof extension can be tilted, pitched, pyramidal. Minimum degree tilt — 40. A flat roof made of plastic do not — they will not be able to slide down the snow;
- a semicircle with an arched roof. The bending radius of the roof must be at least 6 degrees;
- a circular (belt around the entire building);
- the terrace is the open veranda made of polycarbonate, attached to the house. Photo of summer holidays taken on the terrace will be pleased to see winter evenings.
Form of an extension should match the design of the house. Strict building in the style of “Gothic” or “Fachwerk,” belted a transparent semi-circular “skirt” will cause some confusion. In contrast, the accurate and restrained silhouette of the porch accentuate the characteristic features of the classical style.
Properties of polycarbonate
Polycarbonate is a clear sheet of glass, monolithic or honeycomb (cellular). For the construction of terraces usually choose the material with cells — it is cheaper and more reliable. The sheet consists of two or more thin plates, between which is embedded the connecting ribs. They provide structural strength.
Tip! Do not chase the light. The heavier the sheet, so it is stronger. Cheap “budget-friendly” short-lived, unstable snow and wind loads.
The basic qualities of plastic:
- resistance to mechanical stress. Sheet is able to withstand the hammer blows;
- transparency. The rate of light transmission reaches 90%;
- light weight. Polycarbonate is 16 times lighter than glass.;
- flexibility. Heated plastic can be given any complex shape;
- the fire resistance. The coating begins to melt at t 120 degrees;
- good sound and heat insulation. Inside the porch has long held the warmth or coolness;
- environmental safety. The fiberglass in the temperature range of -100 to +100 degrees, does not emit any substances and odors;
- simplicity in processing. Thermoplastic can be drilled with a drill, cutting saw, jigsaw, grinder. If you are going to attach a porch to a house made of polycarbonate, choose plastic with a thickness of 10-18 mm.
Tip! If polycarbonate decided to cut with a jigsaw, you need to select the optimum speed of the tool. At high speed, the leaves will melt, at low — to burst. Better to practice on scraps.
How to attach a porch to a house made of polycarbonate. Photos of stages of construction
To attach the porch to the house made of polycarbonate, the necessary Foundation. Under the light of the structure of the basis for suit under the simplified scheme. But this does not mean that you can disrupt the technology of the process. The procedure for the fill strip Foundation:
- around the perimeter of the extension is designed to dig a trench to a depth of 50 cm, width 30 cm;
- on the bottom of the pit should be laid with a sand cushion with a thickness of 20 cm and sheds water;
- fill in the trench the concrete, making it a fixture;
- give the Foundation to stand for a month or two. In hot weather the concrete surface sprinkled with water and covered with plastic film to avoid cracking;
Next, on the Foundation of the post base desired height. Its surface prostrat roofing and horizontally placed timber base (a section of 100×150 mm). In the corners attach to it 4 high vertical support. Tied them on top of the horizontal beam.
Between the upper and lower base bolted upright, an exemplary step to 630 mm. it Turns out the frame that can be clad with polycarbonate. All wooden parts of the buildings pre-coat with preservative, varnish, or painted with oil paint. The same technology can collect a box from a shaped tube. Such a structure will be much stronger and more durable.
The Assembly of the roof
At the top two parallel load-bearing timber stacked to the rafters. They can be made from boards 40 mm thick, laid on edge. The step between the rafters selected on the basis of the width of the polycarbonate sheet. The joints of the sheets must lie on the rafters. Cross-crate made of planks 20×10 mm.
The covering is polycarbonate
Cut wire mesh with plastic so that the internal channels were sent down to earth. This will facilitate the removal of dust and condensate. It is necessary to observe the correct orientation of the material — side with UV protection features out.
The ends of the leaves close my profile or stick with adhesive tape. Otherwise, the internal condensation will dramatically reduce the transparency of the plastic. Next drill the holes for the screws and cut and sew the sheets to the frame. Joints connect with a special split profile.
Tip! The polymer required a temperature backlash. So the holes are drill a little more the desired diameter. Screws until they stop, not spin. Otherwise, the plastic deformation from changes in temperature will weaken the attachments. Under heads of fasteners placed rubber washers.
Wash polycarbonate need warm soapy water using a soft sponge. Not recommended for use when cleaning sharp objects — plastic easy to scratch. You cannot use harsh detergents that contain abrasives, alkali, chlorine. The life of the verandas polycarbonate is virtually unlimited. With proper care the material retains its structure, color and transparency.