The article will be made a full analysis of this process, as the laying of paving slabs on sand: technology paving tile coating has its own characteristics depending on the type of substrate, these characteristics will be considered. You will be able to learn the basic types of tiles (shapes), learn maintenance cost turnkey, learn to prepare a dry mixture suitable for paving, and to carry out calculation of materials.
- 1 brick paving on sand: the technology of paving for various reason
- 1.1 Technology of paving in the country to gartsovku and screening
- 1.2 Technology laying paving slabs on a sand and concrete
- 1.3 Use of the mixture for laying paving work with asphalt
- 2 Choosing tile for tracks in the country: prices for materials and services
- 2.1 the Laying of paving tiles in the country: the rules of selection of blanks
- 2.2 Selection of pieces and the price of laying paving under the key
- 2.3 Laying of paving slabs: how sand is needed to work
- 2.4 Dry mix for laying paving: flow rates and characteristics of
- 2.5 Laying of paving slabs: what is geotextile needed for work
- 3 Features of paving on the sand: video
Laying paving on sand: the technology of paving for various reason
Accomplishment of territory in the suburban area starts with planning. To purchase material for laying paving under the key, should take into account some features of technology of pavement and the factors that can have influence on it.
First of all, pay attention to the following points:
- what is the soil will be used as the basis;
- what loads in the future is expected to undergo treatment;
- how the relief has a surface designated for paving;
- what area will be covered by the tiles;
- how will the paving tile covering.
Having aimed to complete the brick paving in the country, to begin to define the budget of this construction. Based on this, it is already possible to choose the design variant cover and the base on which will be the installation of the sidewalk.
There are several ways of paving depending on the base type:
- the dry mix.
Please note! In each of these options you will have as an advantages and disadvantages that affect of paving on the sand, and paving on other grounds.
Technology laying paving slabs in the country on gartsovku and screening
Method of paving coating on gartsovku occurs when the sidewalk or Playground is under a significant bias. In this case, the installation of paving mixes mix required to withstand the proportions of materials 6:1 where sand need to get 6 parts, cement 1.
Advantages of technology:
- The ability to come to grips with spills.
- High strength fixing tiled flooring.
- Excluded move a tile from its place in the direction of the slope under the action of gravity.
The disadvantages are the process that should be accelerated. Technology paving is complicated due to the fact that gartsovku cannot be stored for long periods with wet sand. Under the influence of moisture in cement aktiviziruyutsya grasp, so we must act very quickly, while maintaining accuracy.
A departure from the rubble, also called chaff, is characterized by less shrinkage than sand. This Foundation is easy to align, and the rammer. The advantage of this technology is that screenings can fully replace crushed stone cushion. Besides from dropping out it is possible to produce concrete of high quality.
The disadvantages of this method are also available. Using this technique of laying paving slabs in the country on unstable ground, will have to form a bed of gravel to arrange a drainage layer for normal water waste.
Technology laying paving slabs on a sand and concrete
Using the concrete base under the pavement of the sidewalk requires the use of reinforcing elements. For these purposes, it is recommended to use reinforced plates with cellular structure. In these voids is subsequently poured concrete.
This technology is paving offers two significant advantages. On the one hand, the coating acquires a high level of durability, on the other – due to this, the pavement is able to withstand severe stress in conditions of intensive use. The disadvantages can be attributed only to the high cost of such construction.
Technology of paving on a sand cushion refers to the classical methods of designing pavements. This type of Foundation can be laid even a special rubber coating designed for the track.
A useful tip! Use when laying your hand paving slabs on sand is a special tool (wooden mallet, rubber hammer) to avoid damaging the coating.
Working with sandy surface is characterized by simplicity. The implementation of the sidewalk can be performed in this case, even with your hands. But this does not mean that the technology does not require certain efforts on your part.
There are negative sides of technology, which involves the paving tiles on the sand. The base can be washed from the tiles during heavy rains. To avoid this you will need to install around the perimeter of the track special curbs. Their installation significantly complicates the technology.
The use of mixtures for paving work with asphalt
In some cases the laying of paving tile coating to the asphalt surface. This technology is performed when there is no desire to carry out the dismantling of the old asphalt pavement.
The advantage of this method is the savings, since for paving will require a minimum layer of solution. Enough for a few centimeters, as the asphalt itself functions as the base and amplifier.
Minus technology, which is based on working with asphalt, is that the preparatory phase involves the filling of holes and voids in coating, sealing of cracks and even remove the broken sections. You need to spend a significant amount of time and effort to prepare the work surface for stacking of the workpieces.
Technology of paving on a dry mix for laying paving slabs is easy to perform. The main thing is to strictly observe the entire process of creating a cushion, consisting of gravel and sand. Despite the apparent simplicity, you still have to show patience and accuracy, if you want to get high-quality and reliable coverage.
Will help to understand how to lay paving slabs on sand, video tutorials and other instructions.
Choosing tile for tracks in the country: prices for materials and services
The most popular basis for the creation of sidewalks and paved areas is sandy pillow. The technology is simple enough and is accompanied by minimal effort, so many people prefer this method of laying paving slabs on sand.
A useful tip! Sandy pillow allows you to lay almost any type of tile coverings. Use this Foundation for work with sand and polymer workpieces.
This technology is particularly useful in two cases:
- You have not decided to end with the design of the infield or plan in the future to make some changes in the design of the yard.
- Don’t want to spend the time to perform lengthy and complex work related to the formation of multi-layered foundations made of concrete.
There are several criteria of selection of material for laying of paving slabs on sand with cement. First, you need to look at performance pieces for paving. Secondly, you should carefully choose the shape of products and colors to subsequently coating fits in well with the overall exterior of the yard.
Laying paving in the country: the rules of selection of blanks
Modern range of tile pavements offers a variety of products, which differ from each other by shape, color, thickness, material, and technology creation.
In order to choose the best option coverage, you should consider the tile under the following criteria:
- The maximum load that can withstand the product.
- What texture has the surface of the tiles. It can be rough or smooth.
- Required cutting material. It also depends on the design of the track, but from the shape and sizes of the tiles.
- Will I have to choose the design.
Each type of tile brings its own requirements with respect to the base. This factor should also be considered when choosing a material.
A useful tip! Determine the type of soil in the area where it will be breakdown lanes. Movable types of soils can create problems even for walking paths, so you will need to build a concrete Foundation. While the dense ground covering can be laid under the car even on a sandy pillow.
The choice of tiles depending on the purpose of the coverage:
Appointment patriciate tiled zagotovitelno blanks, streamy substrate type (pillow)the Ability to perform paving samostojatelnosti prices for the purchase of material Pedestrian Vibralite 2,5-4 Yes Sandy low Industrial Vibro-pressed 6-8 Sand, concrete there is no high Road Vibralite 4-6 Sand cement Yes average
The choice of blanks and the price of laying paving under the key
This kind of glass as paving slabs, laying right on the sand will practically everyone. Especially if you take the simple shape of workpieces and the most common schemes for paving.
There are many forms of tile products for paving sidewalks, the most common of them:
- Gzhel – the workpiece is covered with figured patterns;
- honeycomb – tile has a hexagonal shape;
- clover – workpiece may be either rough surface (square tile shape without corners), and smooth (billet of complex shape);
- scales – has similarities with fish scales (used to create the volume of the coating);
- wave – similar to slate;
- the parquet of the workpiece with a rough surface, resembling a piece of candy “iris”.
Please note! Color palette of materials for paving is quite extensive and includes the following shades: Burgundy, gray, green, yellow, red, orange, brown, etc.
Brick paving (cost per square meter):
Type of work Price, RUB./m2 Paving + the formation of sand-gravel cushion from 1600 Paving on a complete basis of 400 Paving + the formation of a concrete pad from 3350 Preparation of the concrete base from 1750 Preparation of gravel cushion between 100 Paving sand-gravel cushion with the use of a mixture of from 1700 Installation of curbs (RM.m) 120
Laying paving slabs: what sand is needed for work
Getting started, not many people are thinking, what kind of sand to use for laying paving slabs in your yard. The fact that there are many variants of this material, which has a different origin, particle size and operational characteristics.
Paving with their hands: step by step instructions paving. Manual for the design of sidewalks, platforms and tracks. The use of pavers in the construction, features selection and options for paving.
There are even artificial analogs of sand, which have wide area of application in construction. Therefore, you should seriously consider the question, what sand for paving it is best to use in their work.
The most commonly used varieties of sand is river and career. The last option is the result of natural weathering of rocks. Under the influence of strong winds, the rock undergoes slow degradation, and sand, which is formed in the process accumulates in the vicinity.
Fraction (grit) of this bulk material can have both the big and small size. Since quarry sand refers to materials of natural origin, it can not by definition be 100% clean. Typically, dredged sand is composed of various impurities. Most often the material mixed with clay. Due to the uneven surface, sand quarry provides good coupling with the other components of the coating.
A useful tip! Before putting the paving in the country, prepare sand quarry for work. Material necessary to sift through.
River sand is characterized by a smooth surface, which is obtained by prolonged treatment of the stone with water. This material has a beautiful appearance, it includes no impurities. River sand can be classified as environmentally friendly building materials.
The smooth surface of river sand is pervious to water. Therefore, for preparation of sand-cement mixtures for paving and other works, use it. Lower the cost of quarry – another profitable advantage to the merits.
Dry mix for laying paving: flow rates and characteristics of
The preparation of mixes of mixes the paving is carried out in several ways. In the first case, it can be made at home for use in domestic purposes. The recipe usually does not cause difficulties.
In the second case, if you intend to use for production purposes will require precise compliance with all requirements of the formulation and proportions.
For cooking the mixture on the basis of which will be brick paving with their hands in the country, take care available:
- mixer or capacity for kneading the components (not less than 25 l);
- drill with a paddle-mixer for mixing components;
- all components: water, cement, sand.
Please note! In composition, you can add special mineral additives that reinforce the strength of the coating, and colorant, if you want to give the basis of a specific color and highlight color of the tile.
Mixture proportions for paving can be very different. It depends on the recipe and the stats that you want to achieve a result.
- the proportion of sand and cement is 1.5:1, respectively. The components should be well mixed and gradually pour the water to them. Adding fluid be sure to keep stirring the mixture until it reaches the consistency of thick homemade sour cream;
- you can also use the proportions of a dry mix for laying paving, using buckets as containers for measuring. Take a bucket with a volume of 10 l and fill it 7 times with sand. After that double-fill the bucket with cement. Better for these purposes to take the cement M400 or M500. You will need 15 liters of water. To start, you mix 7 litres and 2 buckets of sand. Take on the process of thorough mixing for at least 30 seconds. Then add 6 l of water and the whole volume of cement that you’ve previously measured out. After 2 minutes of mixing, the composition is added to the remaining components. As a result, you should get a thick mixture that is not sticky. Before planting, mix all the ingredients for 3 minutes;
- formulation with mineral additives is used in cases when you need to improve the frost resistance of cover and give the mixture extra elasticity. To prepare 1 m3 of mixture take 550 kg of dry cement brand M500, 5.5 kg of the plasticizer S-3 (mineral Supplement) and 1650 kg of sand. After mixing loose components add water as long as you do not get plastic mass, which can be fold rolls.
Laying paving slabs: what is geotextile needed for work
The use of paving geotextiles caused by a large list of benefits of this material.
Advantages of geotextile:
- high level of resistance against the processes of decay;
- resistance to the damaging effects of chemicals, and factors of physical properties;
- invulnerable to insects and small rodents;
- increased resistance to UV radiation.
Because of this material is in high demand in the market, so the range is striking in its diversity.
Most popular brands:
- SpunBel, Fabrics AquaSpun (Belarus);
- GEOTEKS (Czech Republic);
- Secotex (Germany);
- Terry (UK);
- Tiara (USA).
Prices depend on the operational characteristics and technical parameters. The price is also affected by the width of the fabric material.
Features of paving on the sand: video
Additional recommendations for the laying of paving tiles on a sand pillow:
- If you have to work with soft ground, the formation of the sand base moisten the soil with water before compaction.
- The optimum depth of sand is 30 cm.
- Beneath the sandy layer lay the geotextile, to avoid germination of weeds.
- Use in paving special crosses to ensure equal gaps between the tiles.
Will help to know in more detail how to lay paving slabs on sand, video material, which is presented below.
With proper selection of materials (sand, geotextile, cement, tile blanks, borders, dry mix) and full compliance technology, you will be able to get really good, reliable, lasting and durable finish, without the involvement of specialists.