This article will introduce you to the paving with their hands: step by step instructions for paving pads and tracks, backed up by photos and video, will include a full review of the recommendations on the choice of materials, planning of future construction and its implementation. Will be discussed the specificity and advantages of the use of materials such as paving stones and paving slabs.
- 1 Options of laying paving slabs, pavers, pictures and features of the materials
- 1.1 Recommendations at the initial stage
- 1.2 Features of choosing pavers for walkways in the country, prices for the material of concrete
- 1.3 Characteristics of other types of pavers
- 1.4 Granite paving stone: material features
- 1.5 the Advantages of the coating of granite pavers
- 1.6 Paving stones and paving tiles: the styling options, photos, diagrams
- 2 paving your own hands: step by step instructions to work
- 2.1 the Sidewalks of pavers: how to lay flooring and where to start
- 2.2 substrate Preparation: how to lay paving stones in sand and gravel
- 2.3 further advice on the arrangement of base
- 2.4 Coating of the pavers with your hands: video. How to put borders
- 2.5 carry out the laying of paving slabs with their hands: step by step instructions, video
The options of laying paving slabs, pavers, pictures and features of the materials
Paving stones and paving slabs are the leading materials used in landscape design. And they are not only used in residential construction, these products can be found on city streets.
Photo paving in the yard of private houses can be seen in the quality of the design:
- sites for summer holiday;
- barbecue areas;
- inner courtyard and entrance to the house;
- the site for placement of the car in front of the house;
- the area around the gazebo, carport or benches;
- pad under car canopy, etc.
The pavement belongs to the category of reliable materials with high strength and durability. It has one distinct advantage. Looking at the asphalt road and the condition in which they are located, once it becomes clear that the old streets, paved with cobblestones, largely benefit. Even after 100 years of operation this vintage coating retains its strength without repair.
Please note! The same quality and durability will ensure the pavers in your yard, but only if the correct choice of materials and full compliance with the requirements of technology of paving.
Recommendations at the initial stage
Before starting work, you should take care of the preparation of the necessary materials and tools.
Recommendations at the initial stage:
- before heading out to buy supplies, you should carefully measure the area under the paving, to understand with diagrams and patterns, and to calculate the required number of pavers with a small margin in case in the process will be damage;
- together with material you should purchase a dry mix for paving. If you intend to lay paving stones in concrete, as a rule, these tracks can last for several decades. Or to purchase other components for carrying out the works on the sandy surface;
- if necessary, you need to buy or take in lease the use of the missing equipment and instruments;
- enlist the help of an assistant, so as to independently carry out the laying of the sidewalk hard enough, or call the experts. To cope with such a large array of works alone would be problematic, especially if you have enough experience and knowledge.
Paving stone is a product of small size, consisting of natural stone. Most often, this kind of coverage is found on the bridge, but due to its natural origin, providing shape retention for a long period of time, it is often used for paving in the courtyards of private houses.
Features choice of paving stones for walkways in the country, prices for the material of concrete
Concrete paving belongs to the category of the most commonly used materials for paving areas and sidewalks. For the production of blanks used in the concrete. To this mixture are added with special plasticizers, and pigments of different colors.
Please note! Concrete tiles can be created using different technologies – vibrating, or vibratory casting. In each case, the coating takes on special properties and advantages.
Production process, which creates concrete paving, as follows:
- the preparation of the concrete mixture;
- fill forms;
- special processing of the mixture;
- the drying step.
After complete drying of concrete finished workpiece can be removed from the forms. During the period of drying concrete hardens and gains strength.
If you want to buy for work concrete paving, along with low and affordable cost you get quite acceptable performance properties. This material variant is suitable if the construction budget is limited.
Prices for paving on the basis of white cement:
Form izdeliyami tsementobetonnye parameters smana, RUB/м2БрусчаткаМ40020х10х4325Прямоугольникм40020х10х4346брусчаткам30020х10х5352брусчаткам40024,3х12х7357КирпичМ40020х10х6358Кирпичм40020х12х6362брусчаткам20020х10х5374брусчаткам30020х10х4380брусчаткам40020х10х7387брусчаткам30020х10х6440
Features of other types of pavers
In addition to concrete pavers, there are also other varieties of coverage. Clinker material produced clay-based. Billets are a kind of bricks used for paving sites. Clinker blocks has a different shape and color. This kind of material has high strength, durability and resistance to low temperatures.
Stone paving for platforms and walkways is considered by the developers as a classic variant cover. Material for its production are natural stone, mainly:
There are many ways of laying stone pavers, so it is possible to make the road surface that can last for more than a century.
Modern range offers several varieties of this material. Classification based on external characteristics of the workpieces which can be:
A useful tip! Use special varieties of pavers for the organization covering on the walkways and terraces. For these purposes provided products manufactured from colored concrete or ceramic.
Granite paving stone: material features
Granite paving refers to the coatings of natural origin. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that in the conditions of advanced technological progress experts have not been able to create a technology of obtaining synthetic analogue of this stone, with the same terms of operation, durability, and resistance to weathering.
Crushed material is used in a classic design. The coating is able to withstand great stress, so it can be called almost eternal. While budget cement pavers can last for more than 20 years.
Granite is extremely stable, so it is best suited for paving:
- Park paths.
For a long period of operation the stone is practically not subjected to external changes, it retains its properties.
The advantages of the coating of granite pavers
The benefits of using granite pavers:
- procurement of stone have an increased strength, whereby a solid is obtained and all treatment;
- due to its dense structure, acquires granite moisture resistant properties. Moisture cannot penetrate into the deeper layers of the material, so the pavement is not afraid of strong frosts and rains;
- stable structure protects the granite from the damaging effects of chemicals. The same property gives material excellent performance;
- the natural destruction of the material occurs very slowly. Stone is resistant to cracks, fading, shows no vulnerability to the influence of putrefactive processes and atmospheric phenomena. Natural picture stone is preserved almost intact;
- cobblestones does not absorb dirt particles, cleans itself in the rain, is not conducive to moisture accumulation on the coating. Granite is not afraid of ultraviolet radiation;
- coating of pavement is easy to repair, and the workpiece can be used for re-paving. Multiple use of material does not affect the quality of the tracks.
Please note! Crushed granite has a high strength factor. Stone is able to withstand high pressure, strong impact, conditions of high permeability (the surface is not erased), the impact of static loads.
Pavers and paving tiles: the styling options, photos, diagrams
Modern pavers and tile has a variety of different shapes and colors. This makes it possible to perform interesting design decision in front of his house. These coatings are the perfect tools concerning the local area. They are characterized by reliability and practicality that allows you to operate the tracks and platforms for many years.
Even the usual form of tiles or pavers in the shape of a brick can be used to create different patterns. It is enough to choose the scheme and to purchase material of the respective colors. Because of this you will be able to improve the aesthetic qualities and to maintain the style, which made the design of your suburban area.
On the basis of several types of tiles to create interesting patterns, placing of the coating in a specific pattern. Figure you can develop your own or use ready-made schemes of paving:
- geometric shapes, for example, colored diamonds on a solid background. To give the image completed you can use the third color for this kind of borders on the edge of the track;
- zigzags, resembling the letter “M”. In the work, you can use 2-3 colors and paving of different width. The drawing will be dynamic;
- complex geometric drawings do not look less impressive. For work it is enough to choose two colors contrasting with each other. You can create something like a maze or decorate a track of swirling spirals in the form of a Greek pattern;
- stagger the placement of pavers or diagonally is often used in the design of walkways and platforms. Two-tone colors can vary due to the use of lines of various thickness and sizes;
- rigorous design can be achieved by repeating geometric shapes of the same size, for example, diamonds, squares, rectangles.
A useful tip! If you are using repeated geometric shapes, be sure to eliminate any bumps. Carefully prepare your subfloor before installation to ensure the image does not look crooked. The paving in this case you should also pay attention.
Even the simplest patterns effectively decorate any yard. By using curly or straight types of pavers, you can emphasize and highlight certain advantages of the local area.
Deceptively simple two-tone patterns will look quite well if you choose to do the work step by step and carefully. It should adhere to the advice of experts in order to achieve a neat and smooth surface. Otherwise, even the most high-quality and expensive material, which will be laid in elaborate patterns and figures, will have a sloppy and cheap look. The neglect of technology leads to the formation of irregularities and height differences on the surface of the coating.
Paving with their hands: step by step instructions to work
The coating of the pavers has many advantages. Among them are especially allocated the following qualities:
- strength on the subject of compression;
- long service life;
- attractive appearance;
- abrasion resistance;
- extensive scope of application, including paths, rest areas, pedestrian walkways, Parking areas and areas for traffic;
- a high level of resistance to temperatures and both low and high.
A useful tip! If the coating in the future will be subjected to severe loads, it is recommended to pave the sidewalk on top of the concrete base. Sand cushion for these purposes will not work.
Sidewalks of pavers: how to lay flooring and where to start
Before you lay pavers, you should perform preparatory work. A list of these works includes the following procedures:
- To determine the status of cover under the pavement of the sidewalk.
- Choose a scheme in accordance with the planned loads.
- To prepare the surface for work.
For work need to prepare the appropriate tools and additional materials:
- paving stones or paving tiles;
- mallet with rubber pads or a hammer with the same coating;
- building level;
- grinder with sets of disks for cutting tile;
- roulette, shovel, brush, rake;
- capacity (metal);
- a piece of wood;
- watering can, wheelbarrow;
- sand and special sieve for sifting;
- protective gloves for hands and goggles.
If you correctly calculate and design a Playground or track, in the future, you insure yourself against alterations, and hence of the additional costs for the purchase of material. At this stage, the selected form pavers. How to put this variant cover will depend on other factors: schema paving, mosaic, colors, surrounding landscape and grounds.
Using a tape measure, a set of wooden pegs, construction line and level, mark the area for laying out the grounds or walkways. Instead of a level to use the level.
A useful tip! Be sure to go over the territory allocated for the paving of the sidewalk, and check how convenient the location you have chosen, do not interfere with the paths of the traffic. This stage still allows you to make changes without compromising your project.
After that, you need to calculate supplies:
- crushed stone;
Paving slabs for paths in the country. Prices, types and styles. The tracks in the country, paved with paving slabs. Proper selection and laying of paving slabs. Photos of the finished tracks and platforms.
Substrate preparation: how to lay paving stones in sand and gravel
The quality of the coating largely depends on how carefully you think through and execute the training grounds.
The first stage is preparation of soil. For this ground it is necessary to remove the top layer (topsoil). Then you will need to remove the soil layer 20 cm thick Under the base of a future cover you can put the pipes, which will then be used for gasket elements of communication systems. Thus, you do not have to break paths, to pave the communication.
Then, the resulting recess is filled with gravel fractions is large or gravel. The aim of forming a pillow for laying pavers. Depending on the purpose of the tracks is provided with a certain thickness of this layer. For laying footpaths, it is recommended to take the thickness of 10-15 cm If you intend to build the Parking lot and thoroughfare for cars, it is necessary to increase this figure to 15-20 cm.
For the shrinkage of crushed stone pillow you can use a regular vibrator or roller. On top of it is filled with an intermediate layer of sand, then leveled it with a rake and a bit compacted. Allowed the use of dry sand-cement mixture with the ratio of these components is 1:5 respectively.
A useful tip! The height of the layer should be about 3-5 cm, to result in the surface of the tile coverage stood at 1 cm above the planned level styling. Over time, the pavement gradually shrinks, so the gap is intended to compensate for the height difference which is formed in the process of operation.
Additional recommendations for the development of the Foundation
To the basis to get correct and well-planned, it is recommended to install rails, which will eliminate the bumps. For these purposes, it is best to take the rail or pipe, it will be screed excess material from the top layer.
On top of the gravel is placed a geotextile. This type of material should be laid in 2 layers for greater efficiency. The benefits of using a geotextile:
- the material does not mix strata of gravel and sand;
- provided by the normal flow of water;
- it turns out the base durable and more durable;
- eliminates the possibility of weeds sprouting between the paving stones (plants contribute to the destruction of the paved coverage, reducing the service life).
If you follow all the recommendations on formation grounds, this site will be a perfect base for tile or pavers. Thanks to the precise adherence to technology, a platform, or a paved path will turn out durable, over time, will not sink.
The coating of the pavers with your hands: video. How to put borders
There is no more suitable material for paving in the courtyard of a country house than the pavement. Like putting their hands this kind of coverage is known to many owners of such houses. It’s a great way to save on the regeneration of the local area and make it beautiful and comfortable. To track, had completed the appearance before paving pavers should establish borders.
The curb will perform several functions:
- decorative (cover receives a beautiful framed and harmonious appearance);
- limiting (paving will not spread on the sides due to the outflow of water);
- strengthening (base becomes more robust and stable).
Before you proceed with the installation of curbs, simulate using wooden pegs pad or track you are going to do. Label all curves, turns and intersections.
A useful tip! In those places where the track gives the bend, trim the corners of adjacent curbs. Use for this purpose grinder.
Further, all the pegs need to interconnect with a rope or cord. Be sure to use at the same building level or level. Dig the groove so that the cushion mounted on the curb towered over the rope by about 1-2 cm To the bottom of this groove it is necessary to put the concrete mixture.
The curb is set on the cushion, after which it is necessary to hammer with light taps of a rubber hammer or mallet until then, until the surface aligns with the level of tension of the rope.
When installing the curb should monitor his situation. Each item in the mandatory checks for verticality, he must strictly comply with. Then controlled the gaps between the elements of the curb. These items must be installed as close as possible to each other. Very groove outer side to be backfilled with sand and thoroughly strebovat.
In some cases, designers do without the use of curbs in the process of installing pavers. Video how to put material in such circumstances, you can easily find on the Internet. In fact, the paving is flush with the lawn or 1-2 cm above it.
We carry out laying of paving slabs with their hands: step by step instructions, video
Laying a coating of paving is done manually on the diagonal. The workpiece placed on the base surface in the direction of. This is done in order not to compromise the integrity of the prepared and smooth the top layer. Keep between the workpieces remains a gap of about 1-2 mm.
A useful tip! The most simple in respect of laying is a tile “Old city”. Of the blanks have special ledges that prevents tight fit of the elements to each other.
In the future, these gaps will be filled with sand or a special dry mix. This procedure is performed in order to fix the tiles in position. The sand in the process of coating will not allow the blanks to move from their seats.
After the tile is laid on the surface of the base should be compacted. This should be done very carefully so as not to spoil the workpiece. Use the rubber hammer or wooden mallet. Perform visual control of the placement of each object in accordance with a chosen laying pattern.
If you fail to install the tile properly, the workpiece should be raised to adjust the amount of sand under it (remove or, conversely, to fill up), level the surface with the tamping and re-attempt to install the item correctly.
If the project includes the creation of a platform or walkway of irregular shape, with bends or curves, you will need to perform the cutting of the material. Any option of a tiled covering is fairly easy to cut. For these purposes it is better to use the grinder. Stock up on a set of disks that are designed to work with the stone surface.
Before you begin to cutting material, a tile should attach to the proposed installation site and the road markings in the form of a line. It will be discarded unnecessary part, which is beyond the curb. To avoid waste of material, it is recommended to carry out the cutting of the tiles in the last turn, when a single piece already laid.
When the rough laying performed, verification of the placement of the tiles using a rule or building-level for the presence of defects in the coating:
Once all the defects are fixed, the coating is covered by river sand with a fine fraction or a mixture of sand and cement. To remove excess, use a MOP, broom or brush. Pour the coating with water from a hose. The work on paving completed.
Use the video material in order to clear way to see how the laying of tiled flooring. At observance of technology and selection of high-quality materials, walkway of pavers will beautify your rustic yard for a very long time.