PENOPLEX floor is currently the most effective method of thermal insulation of the premises. This material, which is essentially an improved foam, has excellent ability to retain heat, and sufficient strength so that it can be used even under the floor screed. Polystyrene — polystyrene is extruded, the types of features which should be considered in more detail.
- 1 PENOPLEX floor: main characteristics
- 2 Methods of insulating the floor PENOPLEX
- 2.1 Device floor insulation on the ground
- 2.2 Installation of insulation for concrete floor slabs
- 2.3 Device “warm floor” with the use of foam polystyrene
- 2.4 thermal insulation of the floor joists
- 2.5 PENOPLEX under screed floor
PENOPLEX floor: main characteristics
Polystyrene appeared in the construction market relatively recently, but has become one of the most popular heaters. It gained its popularity because of the advantages:
- absolute safety for the health that allows you to use the material in any living room;
- good density, thanks to which the material retains heat very well;
- the impermeability to steam, prevents the formation of condensate;
- resistance to moisture;
- good performance on sound insulation;
- resistance to decay and mold;
- sufficient strength;
- high elasticity, ensuring the strength and integrity under tension and compression;
- incombustibility, which arose as a result of the use of flame retardants;
- long-term usage, which, according to the manufacturers, can reach 50 years;
- high grade wear resistance;
- the ability to produce a piece of material of any shape with just a knife.
With such an impressive list of advantages the material has the following disadvantages: poorly absorbed in the adhesive, which complicates the installation and still love him rodents.
PENOPLEX floor does not have any special classification . However there are different types, different physical and geometrical parameters. Thickness of the material varies from 0.5 to 3 cm, density of 31 to 45 kg/m3. Standard sizes of plates 120х60 see
Extruded polystyrene is used for various types of insulating papers. They sheathe the interior and exterior walls, ceilings and floors, loggias and balconies, but we must dwell on the methods of insulating the floor.
A useful tip! When choosing a foam polystyrene should pay attention to its density. To check it is not difficult. The material should compress with your fingers. After loosening shouldn’t have any noticeable dents. This indicates a good quality of plates.
Methods of insulating the floor PENOPLEX
Technology of floor insulation with foam polystyrene has some features for various reasons. Most often this material is used at the flooring directly on the ground, in concrete base, the construction of various types of “warm floor” joists. In addition, often placed PENOPLEX under screed floor.
The use of PENOPLEX under screed floor. Conduct an independent insulating with foam polystyrene to classical and self-levelling floor screed.
In order to start work on the insulation of the floor must not only take care of sufficient quantity of materials, but also on the availability of the necessary tools. Here are the main ones:
- a drill will be required for removal of bumps on concrete slabs;
- drill with mixing attachment for a solution in the case of screed;
- the level of construction, which is used for aligning pillow base or screed;
- regular spatulas a size of 80-100 mm and 350-450 mm;
- trowel with teeth 1 cm long 20 cm;
- sharp knife for cutting polystyrene;
- polyurethane foam for processing the location of the engineering networks;
- glue for foam polystyrene. This is a special adhesive that contains no solvent polystyrene substances.
Styling foam polystyrene for the floor can be completed independently, subject to certain rules and characteristics, given a particular option. In order to understand all the nuances, consider all the options in more detail.
Technical characteristics of plates of extruded polystyrene foam:
Name pokazatelyami ispytaniya izmenenyaya pokazatelyami 35Тип 45ПлотностьГОСТ 17177-94кг/м3от 33 to 38от 38,1 to 45Прочность compression at 10% linear deformatiilor 17177-94МПа0,250,50 water Absorption for 24 hours, not BlueHost 17177-94% объему0,20,2 Category of resistance to GOST 30244 ohmygosh 30402Г1, B2, D3, РП1Г4, B3, Д3Коэффициент of thermal conductivity at (25 ±5) °C, not BlueHost 17177-94Вт/(m×°C)0,0280,030 Range of operating temperature°SOT 75от -50 to -50 to 75
Device floor insulation on the ground
Very often the floor of the first floor of a private house doing right on the ground. In this case, it is necessary very thoroughly to insulate and make waterproofing. For the purposes of insulation PENOPLEX fits perfectly. It as a topcoat, make parquet, laminate, tiles, linoleum, and even self-leveling floors. Work is performed in the following sequence:
- leveling and compaction of the soil under the future floor. The zero level must be below the surface of the intended floor 50 cm, which will fit in this volume the whole “pie”;
- the construction of the underlying “cushion” of a mixture of crushed stone, gravel and sand. Its height is from 30 to 40 cm Base very carefully tamped and sprinkled 10 cm layer of granite screenings or coarse sand. This layer is also well RAM and level on a horizontal level;
- in case, if the premises floor loading would not be significant, the plate material is placed directly on the pillow. The joints between the slabs of foam polystyrene for the floor are glued with special glue and glue tape. With insulated Foundation polystyrene can be no more than 5 cm in thickness. Otherwise, you need to take thicker plates, with a thickness of 5 to 10 cm Waterproofing is arranged on top of the plates from the film;
- if it is assumed that the floor must withstand significant loads, before laying of slabs of foam polystyrene on a pillow it is necessary to make waterproofing and screed concrete thickness of 5 to 10 cm;
- on top of the plates PENOPLEX is possible to arrange the rough floor of plywood or other similar sheet material. Then stack the topcoat.
A useful tip! Laying of waterproofing on top of slabs of extruded polystyrene shall be made without the use of adhesive compositions based on different organic solvents to avoid destruction and dissolution plates. It is better to use a self adhesive membrane.
Installation of insulation for concrete floor slabs
When the device insulation on concrete base, first and foremost, you must ensure its quality. If there are bumps and deep potholes, they must be eliminated by arranging the concrete floor. If the base is fairly uniform and smooth, the foam polystyrene for the floor can be put directly on plate. This can be done dry or with a special adhesive. Glue put shpatelem with a teeth. If the insulation is on the ground floor, you definitely need to do the waterproofing before laying the material. This can be avoided if the adhesive is waterproof.
After laying the plates PENOPLEX they need to glue together. Further actions depend on the load that will make the room. If it is large, then you need to make a screed of concrete. If not, you can make a rough floor on which to do the topcoat.
The device “warm floor” with the use of foam polystyrene
Warm floors are constructed using different heating devices. It could be heating pipes, cables and heating mats electric heating elements as well as film system “warm floor”. All this is laid on top of foam polystyrene plates and filled with screed. Only after that assemble the finishing coat.
Insulation of the floor joists
The use of foam polystyrene for the floor joists are usually wooden houses. In the case of close location of soil method doesn’t differ from that described above, except that the plate is laid between the joists and subfloor and finish on logs. If under the house there is a basement or underground, necessary to the bottom of the joists to sew Board. They put polystyrene and glued his joints. Over the resulting surface and the Arab League trail vapor barrier membrane. Only then stuffed Board sub-floor, plywood on top of them and finish.
A useful tip! To make the insulation more effective, you need on the Board, is filed under the joists to lay a layer of waterproofing. He will not allow moisture to penetrate the foam polystyrene plates from the basement and also in some measure protect from rodents.
PENOPLEX under screed floor
All methods analyzed above could at some stage include the laying of PENOPLEX under screed floor.
Polystyrene is a very warm and easy to install material. Not by chance in recent time it is used practically in all works on warming of buildings and structures. This can significantly reduce energy loss and save money on heating.