Profiled pipe is a multifunctional material that is suitable for the manufacture of a variety of different designs. These include greenhouses and greenhouses. The process of manufacture of the frame of the shaped tube does not require special skills and is quite accessible to everyone. Consider how to make a greenhouse of profile pipes with their hands: pictures and installation tips will be of great help during the work.
- 1 Types of greenhouses and tips on placement on the site
- 1.1 Varieties of greenhouses
- 2 a Greenhouse of profile pipes with his own hands: photo and description of works
- 2.1 a Simple Foundation for a greenhouse with their hands
- 2.2 Preparatory work before construction of the frame
- 2.3 How to make a greenhouse with his own hands: stages of construction
- 2.4 How to select a covering material for greenhouse
- 2.5 Greenhouse butterfly with their hands
- 3 How to efficiently use the greenhouse
- 4 Preparing your greenhouse for winter
Kinds of greenhouses and tips on placement on the site
In order for your greenhouse could efficiently perform the allotted function, you need to choose the right place to install it. This will allow to increase the yield and prolong the service life of the structure.
Here are a few recommendations that will help you to choose the right place:
- select a flat, well-lit area;
- ideally, the length of the greenhouse should be in the direction from North to South;
- try to find a place that will be protected from excessive exposure to winds;
- can not locate the design in low-lying areas, if there is a risk of accumulation of water (snow or dirt).
Varieties of greenhouses
There are two main types of greenhouses, which differ in form: arched and hipped.
Arched greenhouses, in most cases, are manufactured in specially equipped facilities. This is due to the fact that self-bend pipe into the desired shape is difficult.
Among the advantages of greenhouses of arcs covering materials it is possible to allocate a simple collection of bent parts and the minimum cost to finish the design. Among the disadvantages of such construction note is not too high functionality and restrictions on the height of the beds, which are located at the edges. Although can often be found made by photo DIY greenhouses for cucumbers collected by this principle.
Tent greenhouses have a much more simple design, because their construction is not associated with the need to bend pipe. In most cases, the tent-roofed greenhouses are made independently, although available for sale, and a model to follow.
Due to its tent-shaped structure, the size of the greenhouse can significantly extend the possibilities of movement within, and allow you to grow plants of almost any height, even in the far beds. However, for improving functional characteristics have to pay, and the cost of this design will be higher than in the case of the construction of the arched greenhouse. This is because in this case, the covering material for finishing requires much more.
A useful tip! To provide the greenhouse with maximum durability, use only those materials that have increased strength.
A greenhouse of profile pipes with his own hands: photo and description of works
Any greenhouse consists of basic elements – the Foundation, frame and covering material. Their strength and durability are directly dependent on the materials used in their construction. Shaped tube one of the most affordable and at the same time, strong fundamentals, which under proper installation is capable to serve for many years. In addition, to make a greenhouse from preferaby yourself quite easily.
A simple Foundation for a greenhouse with their hands
The greenhouse will last you much longer if you set it on the Foundation. What kind of Foundation is best to use and how to do if you have decided to build a greenhouse with your own hands? Consider the most suitable options of the Foundation.
The ideal Foundation for greenhouse – brick or concrete. It is relatively easy to build, and it’s quite durable and reliable. Of course, the greenhouse is a non-residential premises, and to lay a full Foundation can be quite costly.
Pours a concrete Foundation for a greenhouse:
- on a selected area, make marks, outlining the future borders of a greenhouse;
- remove the top layer of soil deep 20-25 cm.
- in the resulting trench backfill with gravel, and then tamp and maximum porovnejte it;
- then prepare the concrete using sand, gravel, cement and water;
pour the base solution;
- give the concrete time to harden and settle.
A useful tip! In order to improve the quality of cement and, respectively, of the Foundation, to wash gravel and sand from possible additional impurities.
Preparatory work before construction of the frame
How to begin building a greenhouse and a greenhouse for the garden? Of course, with the purchase of all the necessary materials and tools.
Here is a list of what you need to do the drawing or photo of the greenhouse with his own hands:
- profiled tube of size 20×20 mm, which will be used as the longitudinal rails;
- profile pipe in size 20 x 40 mm for mounting the vertical struts of the structure;
- metal screws;
- conventional hinges;
- paint and primer designed for exterior use;
- welder (preferably with a power higher than 3 kW);
- good building level;
- roulette for measurements;
With all these tools, you can safely proceed to the construction of the frame of the greenhouse.
How to make a greenhouse with his own hands: stages of construction
As a guide you can use the drawing of a greenhouse with his hands. In this case, use the dimensions in which it is specified. The average length of a standard greenhouse is about 8 m, width – about 3 m. However, much depends on the size and shape of your plot, so this issue will have to navigate on the site. Having dealt with the necessary measurements, start cutting shaped tubes to the needed length.
When all items are ready, you can begin to assemble the structure. When the welder or crab-connector is necessary to seal the vertical and longitudinal parts of the greenhouse.
A useful tip! If you want to be able, if necessary, to disassemble the structure, it is not necessary to weld the elements. Use the connectors on the bolts.
Once all the elements are interconnected, take care of the presence of window and door openings. It is necessary to conduct measurements, and then you can start making boxes for them. When everything is ready, just have to weld the box to the strap, which is fixed at the extreme arcs of the structure.
There are two options for the location of Windows and doors in the greenhouse:
- the window is opposite the door;
- the Windows are located opposite each other, with the two sides of the greenhouse.
After the Assembly the finished design must be treated with special primer and paint.
How to choose a covering material for greenhouse
Before you start building the greenhouse, you need to decide what material you plan to cover. Consider all the simplest and most popular options:
- glass has an excellent ability to pass the sunlight, while maintaining inside the greenhouse the temperature most suitable for the plants. Among the shortcomings can be identified only relatively high cost of the material and the occurrence of certain difficulties in the process of installation. Also, the probability of damage to the coating, which may entail considerable repair costs;
- polyethylene is a cheap and available material used for construction of greenhouses is not too often. Its disadvantages are low strength, and poor reaction to exposure to ultraviolet rays;
- netkanye materials – acrylic, lutrasil or spunbond. It is a kind of alternative to the first two options. On the one hand, this coating protects the crops inside the greenhouse, on the other – ensures the penetration of the sunlight. This is a great option if your goal is to protect the plants from heavy rains, or, conversely, drought. However, the lifetime of such materials does not exceed five years, but not due to the very high cost of replacement in such time you can afford;
- polycarbonate is by far the best covering material for greenhouse. The combination of strength and low weight make it indispensable. The durability of polycarbonate is superior to ordinary glass, 200 times, with no worse than block sunlight and keep warm. Cut and fit this material to the desired dimensions is elementary, thus providing limitless possibilities for self-construction.
Drawings polycarbonate greenhouses with their hands from a shaped tube. Types, drawings and diagrams of the frames of greenhouses. Coatings pavilions. Features selection and construction of the Foundation.
What kind of options would you have preferred, the frame of the greenhouse should be built as professionally as possible, given the loads and functions that are coming to him.
Greenhouse butterfly with their hands
Special design is the so-called greenhouse “butterfly”. Its name he received because of the similarity of the same insects. When the greenhouse opened, it looks like a huge butterfly that spread its wings. Such greenhouses are characterized by the following advantages:
- free access to the plants almost from all sides;
- increased structural strength, its ability to withstand strong wind;
- best ventilation;
- fairly easy to assemble and operate.
Design fabrication greenhouse butterfly has its difficulties, and in this case, the drawing is a prerequisite for the job. It is useful to also view the video on how to build a greenhouse with his hands.
How to efficiently use the greenhouse
How to use a greenhouse to get the maximum amount of benefit from his existence? In warm weather, it is recommended to leave the greenhouse open, to provide plants with the most favourable conditions of existence. With the arrival of a cool greenhouse closed to keep the inside microclimate suitable for plants. By maintaining design the right temperature to begin planting early in the spring, when the outdoor soil has not warmed. In the fall, even in the case of frost, the crop in the greenhouse will be safe from harm.
If you grow several different crops, experts recommend to separate the greenhouse into zones using plastic film. For watering plants can be used as a normal watering can and a more modern and convenient method is drip irrigation.
In the spring, after the greenhouse all winter long stood without business, you must prepare it for use. This applies to both the structure itself and the soil in it. First and foremost, do a thorough inspection of all items for damage. If everything is in order, simply clean the greenhouse of dust and dirt. If the inspection process was identified defects, perform appropriate repair or replacement part.
Depending on the material that was used to nakryvanie frame greenhouse, there are several ways to clean it off. The most common and easiest option – use a regular garden hose.
Preparing the greenhouse for winter
To the greenhouse for a few winter months stood without compromising the design, you need to plan well in advance and pre-disinfection. This can only be done when all the plants and support materials have been removed. In this process it is necessary not only soil, but also the framework itself, to destroy all infectious agents, mould, fungus and bacterial infections.
How to handle the greenhouse in the fall? Most often for the disinfection of greenhouse use sulphur. Fumigation is performed at a temperature 10-15°. This standard calculation is 40-50 g of sulfur per 1 m2. Small pallets with stuff installed at some distance from each other and set alight. Fumigation should be done by igniting sulfur in the direction of the exit to the street. When the last chamber will be ignited, close the door and leave the greenhouse in this state for a few days. After this period, open all doors and Windows and let the room air out.
A useful tip! Fumigating the greenhouse, don’t forget about self-defense and safety regulations.
As you can see, self-construction and care of greenhouse shaped tube – the science is simple enough. All you need is a basic knowledge of tools and a little patience. However, if you succeed, then you will be able to benefit immensely from the results of their labor. And not to doubt the result, view photos of greenhouses with their hands from improvised materials. Some of the options are staggering in their beauty and functionality.