For those who decided to equip smallholding greenhouse manufacturers offers different types of greenhouse structures. They can be fixed or have a folding design. The frame is made of various types of profiles, the only question is price. And it is possible to assemble lightweight and inexpensive construction of the greenhouse. For a small household plots would be appropriate greenhouse or a greenhouse from plastic pipes with their hands. Due to the low price, lightness and ease of Assembly of a greenhouse from plastic pipes with their hands are becoming increasingly popular among gardeners.
- 1 the Advantages of plastic pipes for the construction of greenhouses with their hands
- 2 Shapes and coating materials greenhouses from plastic pipes with their hands. Photo designs
- 3 Model greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes with his hands. Photos of greenhouses covered with film
- 3.1 Choose a place for greenhouses
- 3.2 frame Assembly
- 3.3 Greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes with his hands: video
- 3.4 Coating the greenhouses with polyethylene
- 4 Assembly of a greenhouse from plastic pipes and polycarbonate with their hands. Step by step instructions
- 4.1 Select the location on the site, the type and size of the greenhouse
- 4.2 Foundation construction
- 4.3 Coverage of the frame plates polycarbonate
- 5 a Greenhouse from plastic pipes with his own hands: assemble the frame of the HDPE pipe
- 5.1 Foundation
- 5.2 frame Assembly of the HDPE pipe
The advantages of plastic pipes for the construction of greenhouses with their hands
These quality plastic pipe, high strength, low weight, resistance to mechanical, thermal and weathering allowed to use them widely in construction. These characteristics were the main advantages of the device of greenhouses of plastic pipes with their hands. Giving priority to greenhouses, the owners of household plots receive a design with the following advantages:
- corrosion resistance — the frame of the greenhouse of plastic pipe does not rust unlike metal profile, not afraid of water, if to compare with wooden frames;
- the pliability of PVC pipes processing, ease of Assembly — they effortlessly can be cut, bent, creating different forms of design. They are easy to install: quickly assembled and disassembled, if necessary;
- light weight — easy to transport, it is possible to move the structure, without disassembly to another location;
- durability of plastic pipes — the period of operation up to 50 years;
- resistance to temperature extremes is a refractory material which lends itself with difficulty to ignite and stops burning once liquidated the hotbed of high temperature;
- durability — over time and under the influence of natural factors, the composition of the tubes does not change its structure;
- strength — a frame made of plastic pipes resistant and can withstand strong gusts of wind;
- low price — allows you to assemble the greenhouse, using the minimum amount of money;
- no need for additional surface treatment of plastic pipes after installation.
- attractive appearance collected their hands of greenhouses from PVC pipe.
Shapes and coating materials greenhouses from plastic pipes with their hands. Photo designs
Raise their hands a greenhouse from plastic pipes (pictures of various models presented in the network) can be of any size. Taking into account the high flexibility, different length and diameters, a variety of fastening methods, it is also possible to attach the greenhouse to any desired shape. The most relevant such designs:
- the arched form of the greenhouse;
- rectangular lean-to structure;
- rectangular gable structure;
- there are models of greenhouses attached to the house where one of the parties acts
wall of the existing structure.
A useful tip! Form of greenhouse construction and its dimensions depend largely on the crops that will be grown.
Some craftsmen are building on their plots unique construction of greenhouses in the form of a tent or dome. The main thing — to adhere strictly to the parameters specified in the drawings of greenhouses from PVC pipe with your hands.
Plastic pipes, used for the manufacture of greenhouses can be purchased with sizes from 2 to 7 meters. Choosing a long tube, it is possible to avoid additional connections. The diameter and thickness of pipes are selected based on the size of the structure. For average household land plots will be appropriate small greenhouses out of PVC pipes, which are quickly and easily assembled and disassembled. Photos of greenhouses from PVC pipe with your hands clearly demonstrate the diversity of designs.
To cover the frames of greenhouses from plastic pipes polyethylene film or polycarbonate sheets. Greenhouses intended for growing seedlings in the spring season, traditionally covered with a film. For fixed durable structures, functioning in the course of a year, apply a coating of polycarbonate. This coating is able to protect plants from wind, cold and ultraviolet radiation. Online you can find video of greenhouses from PVC pipe with your hands to get an idea about this kind of designs.
The ground under greenhouses of plastic pipes can serve boxes of timber and plank. A frame is mounted on metal rods driven into the ground around the perimeter of the structure.
A useful tip! In order to built their own greenhouse from plastic tubes differed sufficient strength, it is recommended to use the low-depth-based tape or pier Foundation.
For the installation of foundations use brick, block, stone or concrete solution.
Model greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes with his hands. Photos of greenhouses covered with film
Arched frames for greenhouses and polytunnels can be purchased in specialized stores or ordered at the relevant sites. Included are ready spaced frame elements from pipes and fixtures. Going such designs quickly and easily: for them not settling Foundation, and just leveled the place.
Installation of greenhouse is made of polypropylene pipes with his hands allows you to get the design made on the individual sizes and drawings. Arched greenhouse is equipped with Windows and doors at the ends of the structure. For budget cover use plastic wrap.
Choose a place for greenhouses
When choosing a place to install DIY greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes, it is necessary to consider the following points:
- the greenhouse should not be under the shadow of garden trees or other buildings on the site;
- ensure the design approach for the implementation of the care of plants;
- it is necessary to consider the prevailing in your area the wind direction. The location of the greenhouse taking into account this factor will reduce heat loss.
Before beginning construction, the area under greenhouse is aligned. If the surface is not smooth enough, the alignment is produced without excessive compaction, so as not to disturb the soil structure. Then make exact markings with the correct angles to provide frame stability.
To build the frame of the greenhouse should prepare all the necessary materials:
- the polypropylene tube, fastening elements;
- clips for fastening plastic coating;
- tees, corner couplings, set screws;
- metal rods with a length of 0.8 m.
On the long sides of the marked rectangle hammered metal rods. The distance between the reinforcement rods should be from 0.5 to 0.9 m. the closer the rods, the more stable the design. The rebar should enter the soil at 0.4 m. At this stage, it is important that the rods on one side were located clearly in front of the rods with the other hand. In this case, the greenhouse will work without distortions.
Next, pipe the required length of the dress to the opposite terminals of the armature is thus obtained a smooth arc. When all arcs will be installed at the upper points of the arches placed horizontally the tube and attached to the arches by means of bolts. For more rigid horizontal supports can be fastened in several places.
The greenhouse is made of polypropylene pipes with his hands: video
Cover the greenhouse with polyethylene
When the frame is ready, proceed to the surface design of the film. It is recommended that this work be performed at a temperature of 16-18°C in order to avoid sagging of the material. The attachment of the polyethylene is made using clips. This mount allows you in case you need to pull the tape and remove any slack. At the point of contact of the film with a primer it can be prikopat in the ground or laid on her weight (Board and brick).
A useful tip! In order for the plastic film lasts longer choose to cover greenhouses or multi-layer reinforced material with high durability, impermeability and wear resistance.
It should be noted that greenhouses are created using plastic film, not durable enough. They are designed to operate within one or two seasons, after which the film will need to be changed. In addition, the film coating does not provide adequate insulation.
Assembly of a greenhouse from plastic pipes and polycarbonate with their hands. Step by step instructions
In order to design greenhouses out of plastic pipes were more reliable and serve more than one season, it is recommended to cover use polycarbonate sheets. This material has several properties that make its application suitable for such purposes. Polycarbonate is perfectly resistant to significant temperature fluctuations, has good thermal insulation, Flammability, and special coating of the film protects the plants from ultraviolet radiation.
Choose a place on the site, the type and size of the greenhouse
When choosing a place for installation it is important that the area under the greenhouse was smooth and well illuminated by the sun. In addition, you need to immediately determine how to operate the greenhouse. If it is assumed the cultivation of crops in winter, it is necessary to consider heating system.
The size of the structure is determined on the basis of these parameters:
- type of Foundation under a greenhouse;
- form structures;
- seasonality (will you use a greenhouse in winter);
- the species and number planted in the greenhouse cultures.
To build too large a greenhouse is not recommended, as this room is quite costly and difficult to maintain the necessary microclimate. Traditionally, the height of the greenhouses is taken to equal two meters. Width is determined by calculating the number of plants planted, paths between the beds, sufficient space for arrangement of doors, which is given not less than 60 cm.
The wooden base is made from timber with a cross section of 10 cm To prevent rotting boards treated with antiseptic composition. Connect the boards to the frame with staples.
First, prepare a trench for the wooden beams. To do this, using the pegs to produce the layout and pull the cord around the base. To verify the accuracy of the angles, a cord pull diagonally. If the length of both diagonals are the same, so the markup is done correctly.
A trench is dug in such a way that the bar, located in it was buried halfway. The bottom of the trench covered with layer of sand. Before dropping the boards into the trench, cover them with a layer of waterproofing material, typically roofing. This is done in order to avoid contact wood surfaces with moisture from the soil. Sheets of roofing material have overlapped. Then fall asleep and tightly tamped the remaining space in the trench.
To build the frame of the greenhouse with their hands out of plastic pipes and polycarbonate, it is necessary to cut the rods at lengths of 75-80 cm Along the long side of the wooden base rods driven into the soil to a depth of 35-40 cm Distance between the rods shall be not more than 60 cm, and it is important to see that it was the same on both sides of the base.
Next, the rebars are put on a plastic pipe, forming an arched arc. Each pipe must be fixed on a wooden base. This can be done by means of metal clamps (staples). To give the structure rigidity and stability at the top (along all arcs from one end frame to the other) hold the tube (stiffener). It is fixed at the arch to the clamps of plastic.
The next step will be sheathing the device. To do this, set both ends of the four uprights of the wooden bars the size of 2 x 4 (cm). Distance between the uprights is selected based on width of the future and VOSTOCHNOGO door opening. Struts are linked cross bars.
To become thoroughly familiar with the installation steps, use the video “Greenhouse out of plastic pipes with your hands”, presented at the end of the article.
The coating of the frame plates polycarbonate
In order to properly produce the work to cover the frame with sheets of polycarbonate, you should know some peculiarities of work with this material:
- spacing of fasteners is 45 mm;
- the sheets are butt jointed and joined the special plate;
- holes for mounting are drilled 1mm larger than the diameter of screws;
Greenhouse made of polycarbonate with their hands from the profile. Construction drawings. Types of polycarbonate and profiles for greenhouses. A Foundation is built. The Assembly of the frame. Methods of heating greenhouses.
- when mounting with screws use thermowashers that contribute to the tightness of the connection;
- the sheets are placed to the channels of the cells was located as vertically;
- the protection film is removed only after completion of the installation process;
- angular lines are connected with special angle profiles.
A useful tip! If polycarbonate sheets are purchased long before the implementation of the installation, they should be stored in a dry environment to avoid absorbing moisture.
Before you put the sheets on an arched frame, the ends are closed with paper tape and then the end profile. This profile allows for drainage and ventilation of the leaves, which will allow the condensate formed in the channels to drain freely. In any case it is impossible to stick the ends with tape or leave them open.
Installation of panels of polycarbonate is carried out with the protective film upwards. If this condition neglected, the polycarbonate is subjected to rapid degradation.
Greenhouse from plastic pipes with his own hands: assemble the frame of the HDPE pipe
Quite often you can find made DIY greenhouse from HDPE pipe. These pipes are available in coils of 100 m or finished lengths of 12-13 metres, which may contribute to structures of any length. The technology to build them satisfied is similar to the mounting of other types of plastic pipes. Here are some advantages of such pipes:
- the price is much cheaper than the metal counterparts;
- the shelf life is quite large — up to 50 years;
- resistance to chemical attack, corrosion;
- high frost resistance allows you to use the greenhouses during the cold season.
For the greenhouses is arranged a continuous footing. Around the perimeter of the future building dug trench depth of two feet and width 30 cm On the bottom of the trench is filled with sand mixed with gravel (1:1) with thickness about 10-12 cm Put a timbering from boards, make a frame of rebar and fill with grout. The solution is prepared based cement is 1 portion, sand — 3, gravel — 5. Water bring mixture to the consistency of thick cream. After final setting of mortar on the Foundation, you can set the frame of the greenhouse.
Assembly frame made of HDPE pipe
For the base of the frame is of framework design of the pipe width and length according to the drawing. The pipes are fixed to the frame with screws. Every meter is ready to frame mounted transverse arch of the arc. The tube is fastened first on one side of the frame, then carefully bent and fixed at its opposite side. Further mounted longitudinally of the pipe, protruding ribs. It is advisable to install a minimum of three tubes: one goes on the top and two on the sides of the structure.
At the end of the frame from the pipes going to the doorway — it looks like a P-shaped design. It is mounted on a pipe base and is fixed on top end curved pipe. The door is going according to the drawing of four pipe segments.
The finished frame is attached to the Foundation by dowels, and then sutured greenhouse polycarbonate.
Assembly of a greenhouse from any kind of plastic pipe can be completed within one to two days. This does not require special knowledge and skills. Given that plastic pipes have a reasonable cost, and the design can last for several years, more and more gardeners prefer such hotbeds and greenhouses.