Every owner of a garden wants inside a country house in any weather nice and warm. Stationary heating system, including boilers, the contours of the pipes, radiators and floor heating system is a great option if you plan to reside outside the city the whole year. But what if staying in the house is limited only to the summer period? In this case, infrared heaters with thermostat to give a better solution to the problem of heating a country house.
The contents 1 Infrared heaters with thermostat to give: the principle of 2 Infrared heaters: advantages and disadvantages 3 Varieties of infrared heaters 4 selection Criteria of IR-heaters for cottages 5 Thermostats for infrared heater: working principle and connection features 6 How to choose energy-saving heater for the house 7 the Use of infrared heaters for greenhouses
Infrared heaters with thermostat to give: the principle of
Currently, the market is full of offers and select the appropriate option will not be a difficult task. The only thing you need to understand what are the selection criteria and what should be. First, consider how a heating system, then the device itself the principle of its operation and advantages over the classical systems of heating.
If you consider us the usual heating system, which consists of water circuits and heat sinks, it is easy to come to the conclusion that the heat transfer in a space occurs in three ways:
- the direct heat transfer – the direct exchange between the surface of the heater and the surrounding air. This option has a significant drawback – the limited working area of the radiator. Increase it by raising the temperature in the system;
- convection – the process that is directly linked to direct heat flow. The special design of the radiator contributes to the formation of convection air currents which are heated to the desired temperature, is able to move over the entire area of the room. Of the disadvantages of this option you can highlight the fact that warm air moves upwards, while the floor and the lower level of the room remain cold. Such flows create drafts and tolerate dust;
- thermal radiation also takes place in a classic heating system, however, it is so little that they can have a serious impact on overall performance. In addition, the area of its distribution is very small.
Infrared heater for garden with thermostat have a fundamentally different working principle. Due to the electromagnetic waves lying within a certain range, the energy transfer occurs over a distance. So solar energy is distributed on our planet, warming gets in the way objects and substances. And they emit this heat into the surrounding air. Thus, the principle of operation of this type of heaters have been borrowed from nature itself.
When you use the local “sun” placed absolutely anywhere space, furniture, walls, floors and ceilings get heat, which is then given to the environment in the room created a comfortable environment.
Infrared heaters: advantages and disadvantages
At first you may be surprised by the large price range of infrared heaters. The pros and cons of using such a device in your home will help identify the information below.
Consider the main benefits of this kind of heaters:
- high speed of heating even very large spaces and a sense of warming almost immediately after beginning operation of the heater;
- the absence in the process of heat convection flows;
- The efficiency of such devices is almost 100%;
- comfortable air distribution throughout the room: the warm – about sex, most cool – ceiling;
- in the result of the operation of the device is no burning of oxygen and the natural humidity level;
- infrared heaters are completely silent;
- stylish and compact modern models allow you to select the appropriate style option for any interior;
- mobility is another important plus this kind of heaters. You can easily take the device with you or just to rearrange it in a more convenient place;
- fire and electrical safety of such equipment at the highest level;
- installation and use infrared heater does not cause any difficulties even for those users who are not too well versed in the operation of electrical appliances.
Not devoid of this kind of heating devices and disadvantages. For example, zonal heating, which, on the one hand is an advantage, on the other – significantly restricts the area a comfortable stay.
You can often find statements about the dangers of infrared heaters. And although, according to all indicators, the impact on the human body medium-and long-wave infrared is not dangerous, and sometimes even useful, it is impossible to exclude the possibility of individual allergic reactions. This is manifested by excessive lacrimation and irritation of the mucosa of the eye.
A useful tip! It is not recommended prolonged direct exposure to IR rays on the eye. This may lead to serious burns of the cornea.
In connection with the possible negative effects of infrared heaters, you must follow all recommendations for installation and operation. The device is never placed to influence a person directly, for example, over the bed. Before buying, always consider where and how you place the heater.
If you have previously noticed any signs of intolerance to radiation or just worried that infrared heaters bad for health, make sure to consult with your doctor.
Varieties of infrared heaters
The range on the market of infrared heaters is so great that it is not difficult to pick up the device for all operating conditions. But in order to make a correct choice it is necessary though a little to understand the specifics and the classification of goods.
Depending on the degree of intensity of radiation, infrared heaters can be divided into three groups:
- short-wave with the wavelength range from 0.74 to 2.5 microns are the most powerful devices. For reasons of safety, these heaters are not used in homes and even in stores or malls. The field of application – large-scale industrial or public buildings: stations, production halls, warehouses. The use of some models it is possible to create comfortable rest areas on summer platforms of restaurants or cafes;
- medium wave devices occupy an intermediate position, and emit waves from 2.5 to 50 microns. The use of such heaters is allowed everywhere, including in public places and residential areas;
- long-wave heaters (50 to 1000 microns) is the most secure option in all respects. In these models, the radiator is not heated to excessively high temperatures, making it almost invisible. And the radiation in this range is not only not considered dangerous, but on the contrary – has beneficial effects on the human body. According to the sanitary-hygienic norms, long-wave heaters can be used in hospitals and kindergartens.
Infrared heaters are divided into groups depending on energy source:
- diesel heaters that required a process of burning liquid fuels. If we talk about choosing infrared heater with thermostat for the house, this option is not considered at all. First, it is unsafe, and secondly, the odor of diesel will add comfort to your life;
- gas models are sometimes used for home heating or utility extensions. For operation of such devices they must be connected to cylinders with liquefied gas. To use these heaters mandatory good ventilation system, as well as to constantly monitor their work. Despite the high efficiency, this option still is not optimal for use in the country, as it hides a lot of dangers;
- electric heaters – the most popular option today. Such devices consist of a source of infrared radiation, and aluminum or steel reflector, which provides heat transfer in the desired direction. This type of heaters is often spherical or parabolic shape.
A useful tip! Not so long ago there appeared new models of heaters, in which the reflector is missing. This is the most secure of all possible options, as in this case, the panels do not heat above 90 degrees.
In turn, the electrical heaters are divided into several types:
Selection criteria of IR-heaters for cottages
Perhaps one of the most important criteria for the selection of the heater – the way it is installed. Given this characterization, we can distinguish the following types of heaters:
Outdoor heaters – the easiest and mobile version. They can easily move, rearrange and even carry if necessary. The only drawback of such models is a very restricted area of impact. The choice of floor heaters is quite large. They can be both vertical and horizontal IR emitter, which can also have different shapes. The device can be placed directly on the floor or have a special stand or platform.
Ceiling infrared heaters with thermostat are the second most popular place. Their main advantage is convenient location which not only allows further free up space in the room, and cover to heat the maximum area.
Today you can buy infrared ceiling heater with thermostat that fit perfectly into the design space, since many models are similar with lamps. Moreover, the options available even for ceilings. Dimensions of heater – 600×600 mm, which allows for a perfect fit them into a standard ceiling box.
Wall infrared heaters often represent the flat rectangular panels that do not clutter the space. If you choose the right place for their location, they are able to cover a considerable area.
A useful tip! You can order a custom design, both wall and ceiling infrared heaters with thermostat. The price of such pleasure high, but the unique design will be pleasing you for a long time.
Thermostats for infrared heater: working principle and connection features
In order for the heater to maintain the necessary temperature mode, and to secure the operation of the device is applied, the thermostat, the thermostat. It happens that the chosen model is not provided built-in thermostat. Then you should consider the purchase and installation of the thermostat separately.
Why you need to attend to the question of how properly to make ventilation in the bath? Properly arranged ventilation in the bath depends not only maintaining the temperature in the dressing room, the bathroom, the steam room, the relaxation room, but also the safety and service life of the structure and its parts. Read more
Why is this necessary? Getting from air temperature sensor signal, the thermostat turns on or off the heating system. As the temperature decreases the sensor resistance. It can be reduced only to a certain level, after which the thermostat turns on and opens the circuit. Then there is the cooling thermostat. Upon reaching the lower temperature level sensor re-enables the system. This principle works the same for all devices regardless of the variety and manufacturer.
Types of thermostats:
- 300-1200 degrees Celsius – high temperature;
- 60-500 ° C – medium temperature;
- to 60 degree Celsius – low temperature.
Depending on the design, the thermostats are divided into two types:
- A simple mechanical or Electromechanical devices. The main advantage of this type is their low cost. The disadvantage is the limited accuracy of temperature control. All necessary parameters are specified on a special scale, and switching modes is done with the button and lever.
- Complex – fully electronic model, which can be with the option of programming. In this case, the control and switching modes is done using the touch screen or buttons.
Features connect the thermostat to the infrared heater:
- the location of the device should be at a height of not more than five feet;
- under the thermostat is necessary to lay a layer of insulation, to avoid incorrect readings due to contact of its surface with cold wall;
- one controller is used for a single premises;
- for security purposes, avoid touching the device with the surrounding objects;
- the capacity of a controller should match the power rating of the heater.
If we talk about the method of installation, the thermostats can be divided into open and hidden.
How to choose energy-saving heater for the house
Before you move on to choosing an infrared heater for your home, it is recommended to carefully study the offers on the market, as well as view reviews. Which heater is best for houses is a controversial issue. A lot depends on the conditions and individual requirements. Consider the basic parameters of the device, most suitable for use in a country house:
- An electric heater is the most safe and convenient option.
- Long-wavelength emitters are preferable to others.
- The heater power is 100 W/m2. Such a measure with sufficient thermal insulation of the premises provides a constant uniform heating.
An important addition to infrared heater – thermostat, which will allow you to control the degree of heating of the device and to set the desired temperature.
A useful tip! If we are talking about a quick one-time heating of premises in the country, the best option is to purchase a heater with a power density of 120 W/m2.
Management of the most modern models may include continuous adjustment of the heat output and automatic thermostat that will turn the device off when the desired room temperature.
Moreover, a considerable number of modern models has a remote control. The most convenient is the option of connecting the heater to the climate control. How these functions are necessary in the context of giving to you.
When selecting energy-efficient heater for home also pay attention to the following points:
- the heater must not be excessively large and take up too much space;
- pay attention to the weight of the structure, if we are talking about purchasing a ceiling infrared heater with thermostat. Customer reviews claim that for such devices in the kit must go parts for suspension, otherwise the ceiling might not handle the load. Don’t forget that the heater should not be placed directly over a sleeping or work space;
- another important thing when choosing infrared heater – short circuit protection, overheating or dropping the device;
- last but one of the main selection criteria – quality of the IR heater. Now you can find a lot of cheap devices of unknown manufacturers. Not worth to buy them! Not only because it is likely to be a waste of money and how long this device will last. The heater itself is quite a dangerous device and its unfair, the Assembly can get expensive. Prefer certified factory product that you can buy in the store.
As an example, consider some of the most popular models of well-known manufacturers:
Characteristics and features of primararily, weight, Khana, RUB BALLU BIH-L-2.0
- heater power is 2 kW;
- the voltage required to power – 220-240V;
- comes with thermostat
740х180х903,5от 2600NeoClima NC-IRHLS-2.0
- maximum capacity of 3 kW;
- has two power modes;
- provides electro-mechanical adjustment of the operation of the device
1065х145х236 15от 3800Vitesse VS-870
- maximum capacity – up to 800 W;
- built-in thermostat and adjustable level to operate the remote control;
- overheat protection and a built-in timer up to 7.5 hours
- wall-mounted infrared heater with a maximum capacity of 700 watts;
- has no built-in adjustment;
- this model will require connection to an external thermostat
690х400х503от 2500Almac IR-5
- ceiling pendant heater with a maximum power of 500 W;
- equipped with Electromechanical adjustment;
- suspension height is from 2.2 m to 3 m
730х160х391,8от 2600Купол AMI-2
- power – 2 kW;
- possible location on the wall or on the ceiling;
- minimum mounting height – 3.3 m
1648х275х439,4from 4000Master HALL 1500
- heating power – 1500 W;
- mounting option – floor;
- provided mechanical temperature control
540х320х2504,8от 14500Noirot Royat 2 1200
- maximum power – 1200 W;
- wall heater with mechanical control
120х450х1101от 7500ИкоЛайн IKO-08
- power level of 800 W;
- are designed to heat areas from 8 to 16 m2;
- recommended installation of 2.4 m and 2.9 m from the floor
1000х160х403,2от 2890Ballu BIGH-4
- outdoor gas heater with power up to 4.5 kW
The use of infrared heaters for greenhouses
Another area of application of IR-heaters, which not to say is the heating of greenhouses. Usually, this is done using devices with small capacity, which can be easily integrated depending on the needs of cultivated plants. Statistics show that using properly chosen model can improve germination by 30-40%.
A distinctive feature of this method of heating can be called a direct heat transfer from media to soil or seedlings. It does not spend the energy on heating the air – he warms up from the warm soil. This makes the system economical and easy to use.
Summarizing, we can say that infrared heaters is a worthy competitor to the classic heating systems that are not inferior to them in performance. The cost of such devices is much lower, they can be easily transportation and installation in any point of the room. Therefore, thinking about the heating system in the country, seriously to consider infrared heaters as an alternative.