Every year plastic is becoming increasingly popular, replacing more expensive metal elements. No exception and gutter systems are designed to ensure efficient drainage of rainwater from the roof and protect the façade from falling. Consider, what are the advantages of plastic gutters for roof: price, specifications and features of some models.
- 1 Plastic roof drainage: basic
- 2 Advantages of the use of plastic sewer systems
- 2.1 characteristics of plastic drainage systems
- 3 How to make a drain: independent calculation of the required number of elements
- 4 Plastic roof drainage: the prices of products from different manufacturers
- 4.1 Gutters Soundboard: German quality at affordable prices
- 4.2 Plastic gutters TECHNONICOL: a large selection of high quality gutters
- 4.3 Sophisticated and expensive gutters Marley
- 5 General procedure for the installation of gutters on the roof with his hands
- 6 Plastic gutters for the roof: installation with your own hands step by step
- 7 How to organize heating of gutters and drains, and why is it needed
Plastic roof drainage: basic
The drainage system, regardless of the material consist of the same elements. On the roof are the gutters, which are attached using special connectors, and brackets. In addition, for proper functioning and attractive appearance of the system use interior angles and plugs.
A little below this is a funnel which serves to direct water down the pipes. Mounting drain pipes is carried out by means of the brackets and clamps. In the lowest part sure to have the drain elbow.
A separate item is considered a special mesh that is inserted into the funnel and prevents the ingress into the pipe of larger items and debris. Needless to say, that the existence of such safety nets require periodic cleaning (at least 2 times per year) with the aim to remove blockages and prevent overflows of water.
Important! In order to avoid unpleasant situations connected with overflow of rainwater, you should periodically inspect the entire system for damage, in the event they are identified, then make replacement or repair.
The advantages of using plastic sewer systems
Plastic gutters have their own characteristic features, which distinguish them from metal and make their use preferable. There are the following positive aspects:
- insulation plastic guttering is much higher than the metal and up to 27 dB;
- plastic pipes do not corrode and are impervious to chemical elements;
- light weight material can significantly reduce the load on the building and the roof;
- any defective element can easily be replaced. In addition, the installation of plastic gutter to the roof with his hands does not represent any difficulties even for a beginner;
- plastic, which is used for the production of systems able to withstand temperature extremes from -40°C to 50°C;
- cost of drainage system made of plastic will be at least 2 times less than metal.
To solve all the problems related to the selection, purchase and installation of drainage system made of plastic can be yourself, without the help of professionals. However, in this case, it is necessary to pay attention to such aspects as the selection of a suitable color shade, diameter of gutters and pipes, as well as calculating the number of materials.
And if the subtleties of the calculations is considered in more detail, about the colors we can say the following: the greatest demand is for systems of white and brown. Here you can use one of two solutions: pick up tube to match the roof or on the contrary to prefer a contrasting color.
Characteristics of plastic drainage systems
Not to say that plastic is the most reliable among the materials, but it is better than the other resists any chemical compounds. In the absence of protective coverings, the material is not susceptible to corrosion. Due to this quality, this material can be used for many years.
The color processing is carried out uniformly at a depth of 3-5 mm, which allows to avoid fading and drying of the paint. If you buy plastic gutters, you can forget about such procedures, as a partial tint or sealing of individual sections.
How to make gutter: independent calculation of the required number of elements
Whatever the form of the roof, installation of drainage system must be made in any case. And because to buy all the parts separate, you need to make measurements and calculations that will help to acquire the required number of materials and avoid unnecessary spending.
First and foremost, you will need measurements of the width and length of ramps and height of the house based on the size of the eaves overhang. Using the first two factors we can calculate the area of the house. Of course, much depends on the architectural features of the roof and complexity of its design. In some cases it is necessary to make additional measurements of the individual parts of the roof.
In the process of calculation of the required number of component elements, it is necessary to take into account the following recommendations:
- step to the holders of the gutters should be 50-70 cm for Example, if the length of the cornice 10 m, then the holders shall be 20 pieces. For large gutters it is preferable to comply with the minimum step, and 70 cm is allowed only in a small area;
- the standard length of the trough is 3 m. after Determining the total length of the eaves of the entire house, you must purchase the items in the right quantity. At this stage you need to determine how many plugs needed. For a simple gable roof is enough for 4 pieces, while more complex and intricate designs require individual calculations;
- it is equally important to calculate the necessary number of the drainage funnels. In this case, the calculation of the ratio of 1 trap per 10 m. But this is true only in the case that the total area of the slope does not exceed 50 m2;
- in order to calculate the required length of the pipes, which are located on the walls of the house vertically, you need to know the height of the building. Pipe used for this purpose are of length 1, 2, or 3 m. in addition, you will need around the eaves. For this purpose, one or two knee downspouts. If that isn’t enough, between the two knees, you can additionally insert tube;
- the final stage of calculations – retaining elements. Here the scheme as simple as possible – 1 bracket 1 m Number of drain knees is also very simple to identify: they will be the same as funnels.
A useful tip! If you plan to collect rainwater in a container, there is no need to install a drain elbow. Enough to leave the pipe at the required level and to substitute the existing tank.
Plastic roof drainage: the prices of products from different manufacturers
On the market today, you can find a lot of different proposals, despite the fact that the attribute for the arrangement of country houses appeared in our country recently. And since it should be recognized that manufacturers of gutters the few who on hearing, consider the most popular of them, taking into account the peculiarities of their plastic gutters, customer reviews and the price category to which they are.
Gutters Deck: German quality at affordable prices
Gutters Docke – products of category “standard”. At affordable cost, the quality of the materials used to please even demanding users. Of course, to provide a value of at least one ready set difficult, as all depends on the size of the home, pitch and number of fasteners. However, consider the price of individual items of plastic guttering Docke quite possible:
- three-meter chute with a diameter of 120.65 mm will cost about 317 rubles;
- downpipe the same length will cost 384 rubles;
- the cost of one funnel – 215 rubles.
As can be seen, products of economy class, available for purchase to everyone. Among the feedback from buyers practically meet complaints or significant criticism. For this same price category gutters Viola’s Profile.
Plastic gutters TECHNONICOL: a large selection of high quality gutters
Plastic gutters from the French manufacturer Nicoll – products of the middle class, which is characterized by attractive appearance and a rather high quality of each item. But such purchases is available not for everyone, as the cost, for example, gutter 4 m length will be about 920 rubles, and one hopper will cost 850 rubles.
The choice of models is very large, so there is a possibility to find a suitable option for any home, regardless of the style and the materials used.
Sophisticated and expensive gutters Marley
Not to mention classic gutters made Marley. This is a great option for those who seek original design solutions and willing to pay a hefty price for such an element as a drain.
Of course, it makes no sense to buy plastic gutters for the roof, the price of which is so high, if the design of the house is pretty simple. In this case, it is enough to conventional models that would not give in to Marley, but will cost much cheaper.
Important! The price of heating cable for roofs and gutters, the importance of installation of which will be discussed later, may vary depending on the manufacturer.
General order of installation of gutters on the roof with his hands
Performing calculations and bought all the necessary items, you can begin the installation of the system. Describe the General procedure, to understand what should be their sequence.
First and foremost is the mount brackets that will hold the gutters. They can be fixed on the eaves Board and directly into the rafter system. Then these brackets fit the groove located at the desired inclination. It is very important to mount and verify the reliability of the connection elements of the honey.
After that, you need to place a funnel in the places reserved for them. It remains only to assemble the system elements, cementing them together: drain elbow tucks into the funnel and into the pipe, which is attached to the wall. The final stage – installation of the discharge knee at the bottom of the system.
A useful tip! If you acquire a ready-made kit from the manufacturer, then it may be accompanied by instructions recommendations for installation and care. Moreover, the products of reputable companies comes with a warranty, which is usually at least one year and gives you the opportunity to contact the service center in case of malfunctions.
Plastic gutters for the roof: installation with your own hands step by step
Installation cost of a drain may unpleasantly surprise the budget conscious buyer who seeks to spend as little money as possible. Of course, if you bought an expensive system, it is not worth the risk of trying to do everything yourself. But on simple and affordable systems could try even for a novice.
Installation of plastic culvert must begin at the stage of erection of the roof sheathing, when it is possible to attach the brackets to the rafters. Although sometimes, as a last resort, allowed the mounting of elements of metal to the wall (concrete or brick).
A useful tip! In order to maintain an optimal level of gutter slope, it is possible to make measurements only for the extreme elements, and then stretch a cord between them, which will serve as a guide for mounting the other elements.
The second stage – fastening of funnels and gutters. It needs to lay down on the ground in a number the required number of elements, not docking them together. You can shorten one of the gutter using a hacksaw, if necessary. Then you need to do the following:
- in those places where it will be installed funnel, a hacksaw you need to cut holes the right size;
The inlets for the storm sewer system: purpose, types and proper installation
Design features, advantages and disadvantages of products from different materials. Selection and proper installation of storm-water inlets.
- using the adhesive / sealant to the edges of the gutter are glued end caps, and a funnel to the holes;
- gutters are fixed to the bracket by means of external grooves;
- in order to connect the elements together are also used sealant. Doing it directly in the installation process;
- immediately after that, install protective nets to prevent the clogging of the system;
- it only remains to install the pipe, attach them with hose clamps.
In the Internet you can find lots of ideas and instructions on how to make a drain from the pipes with their hands. Undoubtedly, this option also has the right to exist, however, given the fact that today it is possible to find affordable gutter system, this solution can be called unjustified. Moreover, the drain of sewer pipes is likely to require more attention in care and often clogged.
In addition, you should pay attention to how to install gutters if the roof is already covered. In the absence of proper experience, it would be wise to seek help from a professional, as in this case, there is a risk of making the attachment is not secure enough or damage the finish.
How to organize heating of gutters and drains, and why is it needed
Heated roof and gutters is used in order to minimize the impact that snow can have on the building. In addition, it helps to prevent icicles and ice in gutters and pipes, during periods when the temperature fluctuates.
As a heating element using a special heating cable for gutters, which generates heat and melts the snow and ice, allowing the gutter system to take them without having a devastating effect on wall or Foundation.
Such anti-icing systems (heated roof and gutters) – not cheap, but the owners say that it’s worth it. Some decide on their own to reduce the cost of the work, paving the cable on a roof surface. Actually, this is not enough and if the snow and ice will cause blockage of gutters, then the melt water will have nowhere to drain, which can cause overflows and damage.
Important! Self-installation of a heating system of the roof and gutters is a pretty risky venture. If you make a mistake, it could lead to a short circuit. Therefore, for such works are advised to contact the experts.
Clearly answer the question about the price of plastic gutter, excluding the area of the house and its design and manufacturer, whose products are sold, is very difficult. Best of all – initially to carry out all the measurements and calculations, and then, referring to the maximum number of offers to buy plastic gutters, the price and quality which will meet your requirements.