When you design the sewage system for a private home, how to do it, knows not everyone. After all, for its perfect functioning it is necessary to consider many factors and be aware of some nuances. We will try to understand them in order to build a sewer in his home country.
- 1 General information about the sewage treatment facility
- 2 Domestic sewage for private homes, how to lay the pipe
- 2.1 Some details of hydrodynamics
- 3 Sewerage for private homes how to mount
- 3.1 Additional nuances that should be taken into account when laying sewer pipes
- 3.2 Connecting drains to plumbing fixtures
- 3.3 How to carry out the Sewerage in the private house with his own hands: video device
Overview of sewage treatment facility
The present boom in private housing construction has necessitated the development of modern systems of Autonomous Sewerage. Their distinctive property is considered to be the ability to ensure the flow and processing of a large number of domestic wastewater.
This is due to the expansion of domestic plumbing devices, the operation of which requires water. These include: devices for showers, washing machines and dishwashers, Jacuzzi, devices for washing cars and other similar devices. In connection with their use of the norm of water consumption per person was increased to 200 l/day.
In addition, a number of sources of wastewater forces greatly complicate the sewer network. However, with the advent of PVC pipes for Sewerage, structural dimensions have been kept within reasonable limits. This circumstance has allowed to increase considerably the degree of ease of installation and removal of the sewer systems. After all the components of the PVC fittings are tight, but easily assembled connection system.
Septic Tank, negative reviews and their validity. For what reason receive a negative feedback about the septic Tank, as far as they are justified and how to avoid frustration when installing.
Thus, the modern sewage system is a complex in-house wiring from a sewer pipe having a certain degree of bias towards the drain. Coming out of the house, the drain pipe enters into the outer container in which the accumulation or purification or recycling of domestic wastewater in various ways. All sanitary devices are equipped with siphons, which provide no odor in the room.
Domestic sewage for private homes, how to lay the pipe
For example, consider a two-storey cottage with two bathrooms and a kitchen. On the second floor there is a toilet, and on the first kitchen, bathroom and another toilet. If the toilets are located approximately in the same vertical plane, you will need one riser, and if different, then two risers.
Vertical sewer risers are the large diameter pipes, standing vertically. They connect the roof and base. Wastewater from all plumbing fixtures meet in them. The risers in the lower locations connected to the horizontal pipe that has a slope of and goes beyond the house. It leads to an external drain.
Some of the information from the hydrodynamics
When moving through the pipe, the water filling her whole slice, it creates the effect of the piston. This happens, for example, when draining water out of the toilet. Behind this piston creates an area of low pressure where all the water can just be sucked out of the siphons of all plumbing devices. This causes formation of an unpleasant smell in the premises.
In front of the piston creates a high pressure that can push out water from siphons in front of him. To prevent this, it is necessary that a ventilation device, which will effectively equalize the pressure in the system when the explosive discharge of water. That’s why the upper part of the risers shown on the attic and not closed.
In addition to the drain from the toilet, similar to the effect of the piston created when draining from the tub or washing machine, which creates an additional pressure pump. The same can be observed in the presence of long connections from the devices to the plumbing riser and for excessively large height difference of the beginning and end of the feed pipe.
A useful tip! When the Sewerage for private homes, how to place the toilet, don’t know everything. Meanwhile, to connect to the riser it should separate from the rest of the devices. They should be above this “dangerous” device.
Sewerage for private homes how to mount
There are some basic rules in the construction of domestic sewer system, the violation of which is fraught with the imbalance of work across sewer:
- the toilet riser to connect a separately;
- the devices must be connected above the toilet. Otherwise, possible splash of sewage in them;
- all plumbing appliances, except the toilet may be connected to a common liner;
- the diameter of the pipe liner should be slightly greater than or equal to the diameter of the large pipe from the device, suitable to the liner;
- the diameter of any riser to the toilet must be greater than and equal to the diameter of the pipe from the toilet. The standard is 100 mm. If the riser without toilet, it is enough 50-mm pipe;
- hose from the toilet to the riser may not exceed 1 m, and from other devices not more than 3 m. in the presence of a liner, the length of which reaches 5 m, its diameter must not be less than 70 mm, but if more than 5 m, the diameter increased to 100 mm.
A useful tip! Is there a way to increase the pipe diameter with a large length of the liner. This requires its upper end equipped with a vacuum valve, which creates aeration. The second option is to connect the rear end of the connector and vent pipe from the riser. In the same way you can extend the liner to the toilet if necessary.
Additional nuances that should be taken into account when laying sewer pipes
In addition to the above basic rules, the installation of the sewer, you need to take into account the equally important nuances:
- the most effective slope of the pipes is in the area of 2 – 15%, which is 2 — 15 cm/p. M. the Difference in heights for the toilet it is recommended that no more than 1 m, and other devices up to 3 m. At higher elevation arrange ventilation of the upper ends of such pipes;
- on the corners of the pipes shall not be connected to each other by shaped parts having the rotation angle of 90°. To do this, use standard parts, forming a stream at an angle of 135°;
- to create effective ventilation of the sewers, pipes of the risers is removed above the roof not less than 50 cm They cannot be connected with the ventilation system of the premises;
- mounted correctly, Sewerage for private homes, as she supposed, should not emit unpleasant odours. This sometimes made in the upper parts of pipes and riser aeration valves. They allow air to enter inside the system, but do not allow to go outside. This prevents creation of vacuum in such tubes;
- insulation pipes is made by mounting them in special niches, covered by a layer of mineral wool and sheathed with sheets of drywall;
- a bottom of each of the risers is equipped with a special hatch to conduct the audit;
- horizontal PVC pipes for Sewerage, the size of the diameter of which shall not be less than the diameter of the riser, lay in the basement. They should also have hatches audit in 15 m and turns that make no more than 60 degrees;
- all the pipes that are in unheated areas and in freezing ground, safely insulated.
A useful tip! To prevent the ingress of sewage into the house the overflow of the septic tank, the inside of the output tube mounted check valve. It even protects against entry of rodents.
Connect drains to plumbing fixtures
Every sanitary device in the house connects to the liner not directly, but through a U — shaped small knee, which is called the siphon. In the lower part at any given time is a liquid that creates a barrier for gases generated in the sewage. Thanks to him, the smell does not penetrate into the room.
If the inside of the house felt an unpleasant sewage smell from the toilet, it can mean the following:
To prevent this, the vent is made from PVC pipe for sewage, the size of which shall not be less than 100 – 110 mm., Its upper end should be above the roof.
Following the proposed rules, it is possible to mount the internal drains of the house, which will function without serious problems.
How to conduct a sewer in a private house with his own hands: video device